Easy Rider: 44 Years Later

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easy Rider: 44 Years Later

Collection of photos from one of my favorite motorcycle movies, Easy Rider. Hard to believe it's been 44 years since it first hit the theater. Mixed in with the photos is one rare cameo that didn't make it into the final version. See if you can spot it.

Easy Rider: 44 Years Later
    1964 FLH
    1972 R75/5
    1996 XL1200C
    2001 R1200C
    2007 FXSTB
    Blog: Riding Vintage
    Check out Riding Vintage on Facebook

About a year before he died Dennis had a photo shoot that was done at my shop and home. It was for Direct TV for the filming of the series "Crash" he was doing. Interestingly out of all the bikes in the shop he chose a vintage BMW to pose with. He said his favorite bike was his R80GS.

The 4th photo on the blog site is of Taos Pueblo, a World Heritage site and one of the oldest continuously inhabited structures in America. Dennis lived here in Taos for much of the '70s and early '80s.
    Robbie
    Attached Files
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Yeah, I don't remember either the big shoe dance or Pee Wee's Big Movie Theater Moment.

When I lived in the South, lots of people thought Easyrider had a happy ending...

Nice set of pictures from a fun movie. It was the inspiration (32 years ago) for a ride from Fayetteville, NC to Los Angeles and back to New Orleans by way of the Easyriders movie route as best we could figure it out... 22 years ago. It was a fun time. But I was on a new-ish FL Evo ex-police bike and had a high-and-tight. Finding motels was easier.

Cheers,

Sirhr

Comment

That is pretty cool. How did he end up at your shop?
        1964 FLH
        1972 R75/5
        1996 XL1200C
        2001 R1200C
        2007 FXSTB
        Blog: Riding Vintage
        Check out Riding Vintage on Facebook

Comment

294942_186614131465886_784335428_n.jpg

Took this pic May 2012, in Ballarat, CA. The foundation wall is in the beginning of the movie in the scene where Fonda throws his watch on the ground and they take off on the bikes. I followed the route taken in the movie to New Orleans. Info here: http://www.mrzip66.com/2009/04/20/ro...asy-rider-map/
          Last edited by No Rush; 04-11-2013, 10:48 AM. Reason: forgot pic

Comment

Great movie,
            I was about 11 when it came out. My older brother went on & on about how cool a movie it was, so one day I was out with my folks, they thought they would see a movie & we went in. I could hear them whispering, "should we leave?". We didn't, & good thing because I was lovin' it !
            Bob

Comment

The follow-up from No Rush was great as well, thanks!
              Rich
              Rich Inmate #7084

Comment

I also went to see it when it came out, that was a couple of wives ago and it just helped to fuel my obsession for motorcycles. awhile doing little to futher my relationship with them. I also picked up a old paperback book of the screenplay with complete script, color and black and white photos, interviews and articles dealing with the film.
                Jim D
                Jim D

Comment

Robbie,

Nice pictures, that's not somethin' ya see every day.

Comment

Working...
                  X