Mystery Early Intake Manifold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mystery Early Intake Manifold

Can anyone tell me what this manifold fits? It looks familiar to me but I can't place it. A friend of mine has this in Europe.

Mark Masa
    www.linkcycles.com

Mark, I had a manifold that was very similar to that. I was told by a knowledgable AMCA old timer that it was Indian, and it was made to replace the Hedstrom carb with a Schebler on pre-PowerPlus twins. The screwed on bracket may have been a support for the compression relief rod.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Comment

Thanks Eric. I'll pass that info on to my friend.
      Mark
      Mark Masa
      www.linkcycles.com

Comment

Looks just like the one on my 1920 Indian Scout.
        20scout

Comment

Yes, I would say so too - 1920 (to 1922 I think) Indian Scout - some time around that time the decompression mechanism was changed to be operated from the tank and the bracket on the lower side of the manifold no longer used for the cable that came from the handlebars on the early models.

Comment

Looking at Jerry Hatfield's Indian book, I think 20scout, and gsotti are right, it's for a Scout. However, the "H" in the part # makes me think it's a Schebler part. I've noticed many Schebler components commonly have the H prefix. Which brings up a question; did Indian buy manifolds from Schebler?
            Eric Smith
            AMCA #886

Comment

Working...
            X