Question about eligibility for Oley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about eligibility for Oley

I know the marque is AMF HD. I have Jay Springsteen's factory HD MX250 short tracker in original unrestored condition that I was going to bring to show off. I was wondering if there was a judged class for that bike. It's a 1977 model, so it's old enough. Just wanted to make plans for judging on Saturday if it was.
    Thanks,Don Miller Metro Racing 570 663 2105

Iam not a judge but amf harley even an italian one would come under all makes welcomed at least it would fit into its time frame . sounds like a real piece of harley racing history would like to see it thanks paul g bergeron 7989 minot maine

Comment

you'll need documentations showing that the bike is not just made up. photos help show what was made different for race use. a lot of racers changed thing around from the factory setup. if you cant prove that the bike is in as raced condition. the judges will say it is just period modified. bring the bike and have fun.
      rob ronky #10507
      www.diamondhorsevalley.com

Comment

this subject caused a large fire storm over the years. you can search it out here on the site.
        http://www.antiquemotorcycle.org/bbo...petition-Class
        rob ronky #10507
        www.diamondhorsevalley.com

Comment

you also must start the bike to be judged
          Dan Margolien
          Yankee Chapter National Meet July 31/August 1 2020 at the TERRYVILLE Fairgounds, Terryville CT.
          Www.yankeechapter.org
          Pocketvalve@gmail.com

Comment

Don.
            It sounds like your bike would qualify for the Honor Competition class.
            Full details of how to enter and the guidelines for this class can be found by clicking on EVENTS. then Judging INFO. on the first page of this web site.
            I hope this helps.
            Pete Reeves 860

Comment

Hey Don Your information request about having your MX250 judged at Oley has sparked some good answers and basically everyone is correct. The motorcycle must start and run for either the standard class or Honor class. You must remember all motorcycles are welcome and this motorcycle on display would be a great attraction on its own. It is too late to enter the Honor class (at Oley) because the motorcycle and provenance must be submitted to the AMCA judging committee for examination and approval. When the machine is pre-approved you will receive notification and you may enter any subsequent AMCA meet of your choice. You can also enter this bike(this year at Oley) in the class/year for 1977. As previously stated, if this machine has major changes from factory-issued parts(as most racers do) it may receive deductions in this class. Please feel free to call me daily @262-886-2072 and I will try to answer any questions or assist you in the Honor Competition procedure for future AMCA meets.
              Don Dzurick
              Chief Judge AMCA

Comment

The only problem is trying to find qualified judges for foreign machines.
                Be sure to visit;
                http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
                Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
                Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Hey, I saw a new MX250 come out of the crate back in 77, does this count? yuk,yuk!
                  VPH-D

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I have some pix of it, but more important than anything, I have Jay Springsteen's and Bill Werner's approval. Bill built the bike and Jay still owns it. I borrowed it from Jay for Scott Parker to ride at our vintage event last year. Parker who obtained 9 championships and 97 GNC wins, won his first short track national on this bike.

I will call Don to go over things further. Thanks again, Don Miller

PS, It still runs pretty good too
                    http://www.flickr.com/photos/donzzilla/7508871828/

ParkerWheelie-1

ParkerWheelie-1 by donzzilla, on Flickr

Comment

It is my understanding that comretition machines are judged in the condition that they last left the track in.
                      Be sure to visit;
                      http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
                      Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
                      Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Chris wrote: "It is my understanding that competition machines are judged in the condition that they last left the track in. "

Whew yeah that makes sense if somebody died on it.

....Cotten
                        AMCA #776
                        Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Luckily, Jay took this one home from the factory once the big 4 strokes took over, put in his moms basement and never touched it. I very carefully took it apart to clean, lube and adjust it and put it back together in running order. Any little items that were missing came either from Jay's stash of spares or directly from his tuner Bill Werner. For a bike that was last raced in circa 83, it's unbelievable how nice it still is.

12012LWMTrophy

Comment

Working...
                          X