Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Three Generations of Texas Craftsmen

http://www.youtube.com/embed/BckZ4i1...layer_embedded

It's not about old bikes... but it's about the kinds of traditions, skills and craftsmanship that keeps them on the road. It's not long that I'll spend 7 minutes watching something on YouTube. But this was just a fantastic story about passing on craftsmanship and quality... And proves that you don't need seats of AutoCAD or a 7-Axis CNC Multus to do good work... sometimes a welding rod and a dirt floor is all the design you need.

Cheers,

Sirhr

Oh, man... that was a good show. There is just something extra special about shops like that.
    Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

Comment

Anybody old enough to remembers those mom-and-pop shops, what it was like to work in them and the America that they used to represent, can't help but appreciate what that clip represents and can't help but lament all that we've lost. What an inspirational family.
      Bill Pedalino
      Huntington, New York
      AMCA 6755

Comment

Thanks for posting that, very enjoyable.
        Its easy to get caught up in how things have changed and feel concern for the future of this great country of ours. I can't help but think of that old joke,
        One in a million, so your saying theres a chance? Those old shops will keep turning out parts long after the grid fails. The amazing part of that video is the apprentice. I'd like to buy him a Dr. Pepper.
        Bob

Comment

Thanks for posting!!!!

Comment

More old-time American craftsmanship, steam power with just a bit of high-tech thrown in:
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mKSK...layer_embedded

The old dog looks like he hasn't missed a meal for a long time.
            Rich
            Rich Inmate #7084

Comment

Texas country reporter is one program I try to find time to watch. I've been going past that shop on and off for 25+ years and it really hasn't changed much since I first remember it. We were suprised when that aired aeveral months ago. And it is good to know that there are still young guys interested in working with the old stuff even if it's not as public appealing as vintage bikes.
              Kerry AMCA # 15911

Comment

As an engineering student I'm often discussing new ideas and what kind of cutting-edge devices I'll be working on when I graduate, but its videos like these that show what really motivated me to come back to school and attempt a second career. I'm fascinated by early engineering and the types of people who designed and ran equipment just like these folks. I think I'm the only guy in my class who stops and stares at the display case full of old gauges and cut-away carburetors in our engineering building every time I walk by it. I never seem to get tired of looking at and thinking about vintage machinery.
                Eric Olson
                Membership #18488

Comment

Working...
                X