Motorcycle ride across USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motorcycle ride across USA

Hi, I'm David Bieber, and though I've been attending AMCA events for many years I am just a new member, and this is my first post on the Forum. I'm posting here because I'm hoping you'll help me with a project this summer.

I began riding Harley-Davidsons on a permit when I was 15 years old, and I had a 74 Panhead at 16 while attending high school. At 62, I'm still riding H-D's, but I've always wanted to restore and ride an old motorcycle across country.

A couple of years ago, I started restoring a 1942 Harley WLA. When I finished it last summer, I decided that I should take this bike and fulfill my lifetime goal for a cross-country ride. I plan to ride the bike from San Diego to Washington, D.C., starting on June 1. I expect the ride to take three to four weeks. My goal is to honor the men who rode these bikes during World War II. But I also want to help our service men and women from a more-modern era. So I've decided to make the ride a fund-raiser for the Wounded Warrior Project, a non-profit organization dedicated to helping service members injured since September 11, 2001.

I am planning to hit several events across the country during my ride, so I may run into you. But if you'd like to find out more about the ride, please go to the WLA across USA Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/WLAAcrossUSA. And if you'd like to be one of the 4500 people to donate just $10 (or more) to help me reach my $45,000 fund-raising goal, please visit https://support.woundedwarriorprojec...ing/wla45solo/.

Thanks.
    WLArider
    P.S. If you'd like to watch a 5 minute time lapse video of the motorcycle assembly in 36 hours and see the WLA when It was 'found' go to YouTube and type in: WLA 45 Solo, in the search.

Hey, is this some kind of joke? Where’s the moderator for this site? Besides this being your first post…. you’re already asking for money? Is this becoming the new norm where folks go about getting free 4 week vacations to ride their bikes on someone else’s dime under the pretense of helping the less fortunate? I give to charities all the time without getting a vacation out of it.
    Dave

Comment

I should have mentioned, that all donations go to the WWP, I don't have any sponsors, and don't except donations for the motorcycle, or money for any fuel, food, or lodging during the trip......along the journey I'll be stopping at events where Veterans have invited me. The VA hospitals, like the VA in La Jolla where I'll be showing the motorcycle to the inpatients, does not allow soliciting of any donations by anyone. I'm hoping that I can convince 4500 Americans to donate just $10 each, and do it directly with the Wounded Warrior Project URL address so that it registers with my WWP event. The checks and cash donations that I've sent in do not register on the web site. If anyone wants to contact the WWP events team, please send me a message and I'll give you there number so you can check it out. Thanks, WLArider

Comment

Hi David,

Thanks for making the effort to raise money and help others through your hobby. Good luck to you on your adventure.

Tom

Comment

Working...
        X