Photos from Danny Lyon's book "The Bikeriders"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photos from Danny Lyon's book "The Bikeriders"

The Bikeriders is still out of print, but I found a nice collection of 30 images from the first edition. Great photos depicting life in the Outlaws Motorcycle Club in the 1960's.

Images of Outlaws
    1964 FLH
    1972 R75/5
    1996 XL1200C
    2001 R1200C
    2007 FXSTB
    Blog: Riding Vintage
    Check out Riding Vintage on Facebook

I bought a copy in a used book store in Elmhurst IL back in the 70s. I knew most of the locations mentioned in the book.
    VPH-D

Comment

Have first edition with jacket found in late 1990's. Like to have for reference of what things were like. Great to see the 1966 C-H , bought one new.

Steve
      Steve Cornish AMCA 6971
      TO MANY CLEVER PEOPLE NOT ENOUGH WISDOM

Comment

Even though my age was only in the single digits in the 60s, studying those pics really tell a story. Almost like you are there. I know one thing, I could not have become an outlaw because I never had nearly enough hair compared to all those guys.
        Jason Zerbini
        Near Pittsburgh PA (Farm Country)
        Allegheny Mountain Chapter http://amcaamc.com/

Comment

The first time I saw "Crossing the Ohio" I found my eyes lingering on the image. Danny Lyons certainly was able to tell a story with his photos.
          Cory Othen
          Membership#10953

Comment

Nice pictures: last picture is Harry Molenaar’s ½ mile race track (Schererville, Ind); house in back was the club house. Old club house is still there. Pic of Johnny Goodpaster he’s a retired Ironworker L.U.395. I had the pleasure of working for him on many Red Iron jobs. He used to tell stories of pushing a gang on the Hancock building downtown Chicago.
            Dave

Comment

John Goodpaster was the head tech guy for AHRMA for years. Got him to sign my copy at one of the races. His son Bob is a serious racer as well. Good people.
              Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

I'm sitting here thinking that you have a pretty healthy well of stories Dave.

Anybody that may be close to Akron, Ohio might want to check this out... http://akronartmuseum.org/exhibition....php?unid=3418
                Cory Othen
                Membership#10953

Comment

Working...
                X