Be Aware : Rip-Off SCAM ! ! ! ! !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Be Aware : Rip-Off SCAM ! ! ! ! !

I had posted "For Sale" on several web sites and recieved this offer. IT IS A RIP-OFF SCAM.
    Be careful out there.
    Kent

here it is :

Hello Kent
    Thanks for your mail and the quick response it was well appreciated
    and i am happy to know that the Harley 45 basket-case parts is still available for sale and in
    good condition,I can actually say from the picture that its a nice one and
    i am ready to buy immediately for the amount of $3000.
    As regards shipping ,i have made arrangement with a shipping company
    in London AIT_SHIPPINGS@deal-maker.com they have agreed to come for the
    pick-up at any convienent location of yours and all require papers
    and documentation will be taking care by them.
    I will like to purchase your these parts but can only make payment in form of
    cashier's check or money order as I am being owed $5,500 by a
    gentleman in the United States that I wanted to buy a same parts but new from before I
    discovered yours ,Thus, I will instruct him to send you the
    payment.When you get the check,you should cash it and then deduct the $3000 due
    for the bike parts, and have the rest sent to my shippers based in Europe via
    westernunion transfer.When this is done,they will come over to your
    location for the pick-up.
    The shippers are actually making other deliveries for me in the
    States and I plan to pay for their services with the overage so I need your
    assurances that the excess funds will be promptly sent so there will
    be no delay charges,though I know the appropriate authorities to report to
    if anything happens to my funds.
    This arrangement is best for me and if alright by you,I will
    need the following info:
    1)Name on check
    2)Address check should be mailed to
    3)Contact phone
    4)Any other info
    Hope to hear from you soon.
    David Green.............

I hate to tell you but it's the oldest trick in the book. FatDog

Comment

Yup an old one.
      From the grammatical errors. I'd guess the guy was asian. Do you have an IP address number? Just curious.

I don't care who you are. Anyone with half a brain can make arrangements to have a friend in the USA show up on anyones doorstep with cash in hand, a digital camera and a computer.

It will be a sad day when suppliers stop shipping over seas due to CC internet scams. I feel for the honest folks who will get caught in the squeeze.

I think 45 resto Co has been burned and Flathead power. Anders.

Ohhhhh....ya! I thank the guys at "Flatland 45 parts" (Dutch) for the new t-shirt. In an indirect kinda way. But thanks all the same. They should advertise in the zine.

Comment

I have to disagree with the zine remark. For someone who isn't in the parts manufacturing business to feel qualified to make such a remark more fits the description of zine in my opinion. Flatland/45"Parts do folks quite a bit of good coming up with a source for parts for their antique scoots. As with all mass produced parts you will run across a defective one here and there even in your stashed away box of OEM NOS parts. That's exactly what I said. OEM NOS Defective. I have in my possession an OEM NOS cam with the timing mark off one tooth. These people you have made reference to are one of a few in the business trying and striving to produce avordable top quality replacement components and parts for all of us. Customer service and top knotch warranties are another asset of the folks you have crucified unjustly. I'm one of the first who will admit to snatching up OEM NOS parts when I find them within my reach. I do the same with automobiles. I use repop parts to boot. It can be very touch at times when buying repop parts. There are many suppliers out there and several manufactures. I have puchased many a part from the affore mentioned folks and have yet to be dissapointed in what and where I put my money. Of course, I to have received a part that I did not find sutible for my intented use, but after contacting those folks on my complaint I received quality service and they quickly exchanged the part for for a non defective part which was equal to or better then any OEM NOS part of the same type. I also received a thank you for bringing this to our attention remark and an explanation of how sometimes this is the only way to police their manufactures quality control policies. There are only a few folks like these people out there willing to do all this for the consumer. If this is the definition of ZINE then so be it. I'm ZINE too. Paps

Comment

Um.. "Zine" means... Magazine. All Paul was saying was thanks for the T-shirt, and that they are good guys and should advertise in the "club magazine" or.... ZINE for short , so more people would become aware of them. No harm intended. He was just thanking them indirectly through this board and giving them a plug. Just an abbreviation Kinda like LOL as in "Laugh out Loud". FatDog

Comment

I owe you an appology. I didn't know the meaning of the word zine until I typed it into a search engine. It wasn't a very nice definition to say the least. After reading this definition I got very upset and had already formed an opinion on this matter per that definition. Upset and hotheaded I immeadiately became defensive. I have worked with the folks from those companies for quite some time now and I have always been treated in the highest degree. Their customer service and desire to keep things up and up has always been their priority. They have always made things right from the get go. Those folks have well earned my trust and I was extremely hurt and disturbed after reading the definition I have noted. To understand how I came to this conclusion, please try typing the word zine into a search engine and you will see why it affected me the way it did. My sincere appologies for the multi- meaning english language (which isn't perfect and this topic prooves it) in mis-interpreting your true meaning of the word. I am extremely glad that this was pointed out before this topic got out of hand. Is it 2, to, too, two, or II??? Such is how the english language can be mis-interpreted. Sincerely and with deep respect, Paps

Comment

My appoligies. It was kinda late when I wrote that, and it is unclear. So sorry about that. Best of intentions. I'll try to keep it clear.

A fellow had a few promotional shirts left over- so he gave them out to fellow 45" members in the community.

I have an 19yr old in the family and we periodically use his language. Very confuseing slang english. I humiliated myself two years ago when I had to ask him what "bling-bling"was. ---bright showy jewlery.

Comment

What the Zine seems to be the problem here? Can't we all just get along...LOL

Comment

Define Zine

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...&q=define:Zine

Comment

You didn't post all the hits. Paps

Comment

do you still have for sale?

Comment

Bike is sold ----- to an honest person.
                        Kent

Comment

Working...