Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Laconia 2013 (first weekend vintage races)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laconia 2013 (first weekend vintage races)

Anyone going? I keep missing this event and really want to make an effort to go in 2013.

Is there any AMCA-related stuff going on there? Or anyone interested in an informal gathering for dinner or something?

Cheers,

Sirhr

Its possible Rhinebeck might be that same weekend FYI!! I usually make it a ride down most years, and hang for an hour or so!!

Comment

I think Rhinebeck is the second weekend of Laconia. I've been once to the 'late' Laconia festivities and there is only so much of that sillyness I can take. As you say, BPK... hang for an hour and I've had enough.

But the first weekend is the vintage motorcycle racing and THAT is worth seeing! Much lower-key part of the week. So a couple of us are going down Friday night, staying through Sunday morning to go to the vintage races... Get a nice meal somewhere while we're at it. If anyone wants to meet up at the races, drop me a PM!

After Sunday... the trailers and the mid-life-crises credit card choppers arrive.

With all due respect to those who like Mega-Rallies... I do not. I thought Sturgis was one of the best riding places in the world, but want nothing to do with it when it has 600K people there. May/June in Sturgis is lovely! Same with Daytona. Been to the rally twice and the only thing that gets me back is the 24 Hour Sports car race and the MC races before bike week. One rally I used to enjoy was Myrtle Beach, but I was a lot younger and I have heard it's gone to the dogs. Again, to each their own, do what makes you happy. I just generally dont't like the mega-rallies!

Cheers,

Sirhr

Comment

I agree with you on the mega rallies. I will ride to one and hang out for and hour and then leave. It's all about the ride, not the destination.

Comment

I liked Daytona for the vintage races and the Race of Champions on identically prepared BMWs. I used to go from the mid 70s till around 2001. I think those races were held on Tuesday and you could ride thru the tunnel and anywhere on the infield. Hang out in the pits and check out the WRs and Big Base Indians and get to talk directly to the guys racing. Very few people were there watching the races which was a good part of the attraction to go. Haven't been back since and I heard they moved the Vintage races to October.
          D. A. Bagin #3166 AKA Panheadzz 440 48chief W/sidecar 57fl 57flh 58fl 66m-50 68flh 70xlh

Comment

First weekend events:

Saturday, June 8th
            AMA National Gypsy Tour Registration at Rally Headquarters: Sign in to say you were here!
            Kickoff Breakfast Hart's Turkey Farm Resturant, Meredith, 8AM.
            US Vintage Motorcycle Grand Prix at NHMS Track opens at 8:30AM. Racing 10AM-5PM
            Canaan Lion's Motorcross Club Races in Canaan, NH (only 40 miles from Weirs Beach). Gates open at 8am. For more information call: 603-523-7720.
            2nd Annual Open House at the Laconia Airport from 10AM – 2PM. “Wings, Water & Wheels” will showcase antique and unusual aircraft, boats, motorcycles, and cars, as
            Free Museum Badge at American Police Motorcycle Museum in Meredith, with paid admission from 11AM-3PM.

Sunday, June 9th

Rally Headquarters: Open 9AM–9PM, Weirs Beach Boardwalk. AMA National Gypsy Tour Registration at Rally Headquarters: Sign in to say you were here!
            US Vintage Motorcycle Grand Prix at NHMS Track opens at 8:30AM. Racing 10AM-5PM.
            AMA Gypsy Tour To NHMS fpr USCRA Vintage Races Leaves Ralley Headquarters on Lakeside Ave. At 10:30AM.
            American Police Motorcycle Museum: Ride your pre-1970 Motorcycle to the Museum and get a free museum T-Shirt, weather permitting. Vintage motorcycle show with prizes 12:00–3:00PM.

There's lots of other stuff going on, but these are the things I am interested in... the races in particular.

Comment

I can certainly recommend a visit to the American Police Motorcycle Museum in Meredith NH.

Comment

Working...
              X