Summer riding in Australia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summer riding in Australia

For those of you in the Northern Hemisphere, suffering the winter blues, here's 6 minutes of distraction
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXySc...e_gdata_player
    Steve Little
    Upper Yarra Valley. Victoria.
    Australia.
    AMCA member 1950

Great pictures Steve, thank you. I didn't realise you had to change down for hills on these newfangled overhead valve machines. My antipodean VL owning pals reported a great time was had by nearly all this year. One day...

Comment

looked like a great time. even the much needed moisture. thanks
      gww57.com

Comment

Steve!!!! That was freakin' awesome!!! It was a little deja vu-ish too! Everytime I'm out on a ride with my Indian buddies and we hit a big rainstorm (pretty much a guarantee) we are on the side of the road drying out distributors!!! Thanks for sharing your video. It was really well done.
        Cory Othen
        Membership#10953

Comment

Thanks for the video. Makes me look forward to warmer weather and getting on a sled and ride.
          D. A. Bagin #3166 AKA Panheadzz 440 48chief W/sidecar 57fl 57flh 58fl 66m-50 68flh 70xlh

Comment

Thanks Steve!! Considering that as I look out my window it's snowing that was great rain,hail and all just one thing...........You guys make me nervous seeing you riding on the wrong side of the road oh Loved the left hand sidecar rig!
            Chuck
            AMCA Member#1848

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Slocombe View Post
              Great pictures Steve, thank you. I didn't realise you had to change down for hills on these newfangled overhead valve machines. My antipodean VL owning pals reported a great time was had by nearly all this year. One day...
              Wow Steve, you just don't see 'antipodean' used in a sentence very often Will you be visting your antipodean Atlantic friends in Florida next month?
              Eric Smith
              AMCA #886

Comment

Thanks for the nice words Eric and Oley is my next US meet. Our European Meet is the weekend before, 19-21 April, for any of our US friends in Europe for business or pleasure.

Comment

Thanks to all for the praise. Steve the GoPro camera makes it a little deceiving as to how steep the road was up the side of the mountain. And that pesky 1938 UL in front of me seemed to be getting away.
                  Ohh wait...I forgot. Your from England. Well, a hill or mountain is a rise in the land...
                  I,m heading off on another run next weekend, and I will try to get some more footage.
                  Steve Little
                  Upper Yarra Valley. Victoria.
                  Australia.
                  AMCA member 1950

Comment

Steve Little, thank you for posting the video. It's almost hypnotising to sit in front of the monitor and watch the miles go by.
                    Eric Smith
                    AMCA #886

Comment

Great video Steve and yes it was a great weekend. Now don't use that U model as an excuse after all it's just a newer V model. They were good hills but the only time he should have needed to change down was at one of those uphill hairpin bends. For those interested some of the climbs were from 600m up to 1600m on the Alpine Way between Khancoban and Thredbo. Thanks for the inclusion in the still shots at Dalgety pub and I'll catch up with you next year if not before.

Comment

Excellent video, although I gotta stop watching it. It's making me wish my 2 year stint in Spain was over so I can get back to Oz and my bikes!

Comment

Working...
                        X