Fire Fighting Motorcycles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fire Fighting Motorcycles

Found a pair of motorcycles used by the Navy at their airfield in New York. One is a Harley VL with a couple large extinguishers strapped to a package truck frame. The second is much more interesting. Appears to be a highly modified Indian Dispatch Tow that has been stretched. Check out how the rear wheels are driven.

1964 FLH
    1972 R75/5
    1996 XL1200C
    2001 R1200C
    2007 FXSTB
    Blog: Riding Vintage
    Check out Riding Vintage on Facebook

thx for reconnecting me, to web-kahuna! now, for fixing those "too short" "minimum

Originally posted by panhead_jim View Post
    Found a pair of motorcycles used by the Navy at their airfield in New York. One is a Harley VL with a couple large extinguishers strapped to a package truck frame. The second is much more interesting. Appears to be a highly modified Indian Dispatch Tow that has been stretched. Check out how the rear wheels are driven.

thx Gary/webkahuna, for re-connecting me! The new log-in is okay, I think. Trying now to overcome the message box that won't post a reply that is too short, or less than 10 characters. I've had that block occur regardless of how many characters I post, so I'm not confident yet.

Comment

it worked!
      as re thread, nice bikes!

Comment

Working...
      X