Indian Firecycle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indian Firecycle

Indian trike that was converted into a fire truck for use inside an aircraft manufacturing plant. Imagine coming around a corner and seeing that racing down the hallway to a fire. Please post if you have any other information, would like to know more about it.

Indian Firecycle
    Last edited by panhead_jim; 01-12-2013, 11:30 AM.
    1964 FLH
    1972 R75/5
    1996 XL1200C
    2001 R1200C
    2007 FXSTB
    Blog: Riding Vintage
    Check out Riding Vintage on Facebook

That's an Indian Dispatch Tow, 45" motor. There was a Chief trike, but it was built for the military in very, very limited numbers.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Comment

The Indian Chief version of the 3 wheeler was called a Traffic Car and it was not limited to the military. Most were converted back into 2 wheelers as they used the same frame as a solo bike. The difference is that the serial number instead of being on the rear frame stay was stamped in the seat post area (both high and low). A friend of mine has a 1934 Chief and the serial number is on the seat post.

Jerry

Comment

I didn't mention the Traffic Car because it's an add-on like a sidecar. The Indian Chief trike I refered to is a true 3 wheel with a full frame, and looks like a slightly bigger version of the Dispatch Tow. There's one here in Florida that used to show up at all the meets back in the 70s and 80s.
        Eric Smith
        AMCA #886

Comment

Working...
        X