Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I see Bonhams just sold my old Indian 4 but....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To me when I go to any auction you better know what you are looking at. Auctions are a great place to find the special bike you want, but you have to know your stuff and the paper trail has to be solid if it is sold as a race or movie star bike.
    #7558 Take me on and you take on the whole trailer park!

Comment

best way to sell a bike is to offer it to an amca club member who will truly appreciate it and RIDE it!! or to some younger person who is interested in our hobby and can't afford to go head to head with the collectors who go to vegas and pebble beach or wherever. chances are most of the bikes our club members will sell are one of many that have been in the garage for years if not decades and have appreciated in value enough to make a pretty good return even when making a fair-priced sale - meaning cheaper than what they could get on ebay. my two cents, anyway...

Comment

Well it appears my old 1941 4 went to Germany. Another one gone and likely never to come back!

Comment

Originally posted by KNUCK View Post
          Well it appears my old 1941 4 went to Germany. Another one gone and likely never to come back!

That sucks.

Comment

I have also advised the new owner through a third party the history on the bike back to about the 50's. They pretty much figured that it was not owned by Clark Gable so in the end it was fine. Always take every claim on history with a shovel of salt unless solid paper trail.

Comment

Working...
            X