Thrills and Cash for Motorcyclists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thrills and Cash for Motorcyclists

Ran across an article from the May 1932 issue of Modern Mechanix. Tells you how to set up your motorcycle for hill climb events so you can win cash. Should I quit my job now?

1964 FLH
    1972 R75/5
    1996 XL1200C
    2001 R1200C
    2007 FXSTB
    Blog: Riding Vintage
    Check out Riding Vintage on Facebook

Originally posted by panhead_jim View Post
    Ran across an article from the May 1932 issue of Modern Mechanix. Tells you how to set up your motorcycle for hill climb events so you can win cash. Should I quit my job now?

What....you haven't already?

Comment

It seems there has been a fixation on climbing hills ever since the Merkel advertised there's no hill it couldn't conquer. Just read that in another link. Even in 1932 the guy had who wrote the article had it down to a science. Very detailed instructions. If they could have only imagined the high tech hill climbing machines of today. And he was right techniques for coming back down a hill was equally important.
      I was always fixated on hill climbing when I was a kid. I would try even if I knew I couldn't make it to the top.
      Jason Zerbini
      Near Pittsburgh PA (Farm Country)
      Allegheny Mountain Chapter http://amcaamc.com/

Comment

Originally posted by panhead_jim View Post

And the article was written by one of our founding fathers!
        Louie
        FaceBook >>>Modern Antique Cycle
        Blog Site >>> http://louiemcman.blogspot.com/
        YouTube >>> LouieMCman

Comment

Working...
        X