Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Period Correct Bobbers

Hi All
    Can you please shed light on what we mean by the term period correct (or period) bobbers?
    Is there any good books out there on this issue?

Thank you

Jack

Originally posted by Iacovos View Post
    Hi All
    Can you please shed light on what we mean by the term period correct (or period) bobbers?
    Is there any good books out there on this issue?

Thank you

Jack
    Personally When I say period correct bobber I mean that any parts on the bike, any 'bobbing', and any other customizations (including internals) would have been readily available within the time frame intended. Any modifications would/could have been used by motorcylists at that time. using a modern supertrapp exhaust or a cycle electric 12v generator on a fifties Chief bobber wouldn't make sense they didn't exist-

Comment

im thinking a few pics of period correct machines would be a tasty treat for the eyeballs.............hint,hint,,,,,,,,

Comment

bobber

542047_10200124035964619_564944168_n.jpg
        AMCA 26656

47EL
        47WL

Comment

Originally posted by tomcat1 View Post
          bobber

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10243[/ATTACH]
          Ding..ding...ding... tomcat takes the win!!! Now if it could just be explained to all the folks who abuse the term in modern times!!!
          Cory Othen
          Membership#10953

Comment

The Judges at the Dave Mann Chopperfest a couple years ago didn't know the difference between a Bobber and a Fat Bob Chopper. Several nice Bobbers were entered and all three of the bike that won the Bobber class were fat Bob Choppers.
            Here are some of the Bobbers in that show that did not win.

Be sure to visit;
            http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
            Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
            Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Photo574.jpgPhoto1102.jpg

Comment

This is a pair I put in the pre-1930 picture thread with the backgrounds of the owners a couple of weeks ago.

billfordandcliff.jpg

This was taken Prewar in Los Angeles according to the guy who sent it to me. For the full story, see the Pre-1930 theread.

Cheers,

Sirhr

Comment

Bobbers are the greatest, and never go out of style. Hubba Hubba!
                  VPH-D

Comment

Originally posted by c.o. View Post
                    Ding..ding...ding... tomcat takes the win!!! Now if it could just be explained to all the folks who abuse the term in modern times!!!
                    yes exactly!!! fine pic right there,thanks tomcat!

Comment

them two knucks hollywood posted really have me dreaming,,,,,,,,,,Hey chris never heard of a fatbob chopper before till now,so what is that,,? a harley with 3.5,s and extended forks??

Comment

Hi All
                        Thanks for all the pics and interesting info!!
                        I was not aware of fat bob choppers either!
                        Chris that first pan bobber is a beauty!

Comment

Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]10245[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]10246[/ATTACH]
                          Wonder how many times this knucklehead as been in attendance at this event?
                          Last edited by ricmoran; 01-05-2013, 12:27 PM.

Comment

I don't see anything bobbed on those bikes.

Originally posted by sirhrmechanic View Post
                            This is a pair I put in the pre-1930 picture thread with the backgrounds of the owners a couple of weeks ago.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10247[/ATTACH]

This was taken Prewar in Los Angeles according to the guy who sent it to me. For the full story, see the Pre-1930 theread.

Cheers,

Sirhr
                            Be sure to visit;

Comment

Originally posted by gary.h View Post
                              them two knucks hollywood posted really have me dreaming,,,,,,,,,,Hey chris never heard of a fatbob chopper before till now,so what is that,,? a harley with 3.5,s and extended forks??
                              Picture your basic slimed downed chopper from the '70's with a set of 3.5's on it. That is a Fat Bob Chopper. Harley modified the name and called their bike a Fat Boy instead of Fat Bob.
                              Be sure to visit;

Comment

Working...
                              X