Cherokee Chapter Booth at Arlington Swapmeet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cherokee Chapter Booth at Arlington Swapmeet

Quick update, as I still have to unload my truck in the rain.

Thanks to Steve Cornish, Greg McFarland, John Clark, Jon Neuman, Joe Burch, Stanley Miller, and Greg Hale who brought their wonderful bikes and who's constantly talking to the crowds of people that flocked to the booth. A JD, Vl, Wl Several Knucks, a Panhead and a early Sportster made an excelent display in the booth while a few were in the Bike Show. Greg Mcfarland braved the cold and rode his Knuck in and won 2nd Place trophy, for want of a bungy cord he could have done a good Marlan Brando straping the trophy on bike and riding off with Stanley Miller.

We did not have all the time required to be totally ready for the event, The Cherokee Banner did not arive in time (Joe Burch came prepared with poster board), nor did the sign-up forms for the Chapter (Gloria created a temperory one Saturday night after we checked our post office box), Fred Davis had sent the AMCA brochures and signup forms, right away, but the National Banner did not arive yet. I fault the holiday rush for any delay, not lack of effort on anybody's part.

We had a great time, at one time we had 4 1946 Knucklehead owners at the table area at the same time, none had ever met each other, but every effort was made to make them feel at ease with the Chapter members making introductions.

One of the things we observed was there were a lot of the younger people asking questions about how to get started, some signed up with contact information, and we had several join up.

Thanks to Fred Davis and Richard Spagnolli for allowing a little experimenting on orginazing such a large area like Texas, and to All the Chapter Members who donated their Sunday for the Clubs name and hobbys sake.

A special Thanks to the original Chapter Members who voted to expand, and to our Newsletter Editor Steve Klein for setting the record straight on Decembers Chapter Meeting details in the other post.

More later, Thanks Shelby and Gloria

Hmmmm.... Wonder what Ken's buddies (the older members) will have to say about so much interest?
    Great job Shelby, Steve, John, Joe, Stanley and Greg's (1&2). Sorry the Chapter banner and application forms did not arrive from San Marcos. They should have been sent FedEx.... but that might cost an extra buck!

Off to a good start!
    Happy New Year Gentlemen
    Steve Klein
    Collector . Conservator . Enthusiast
    American Pre-teens - 1965
    AMCA Member 12176
    Cherokee Chapter President, Editor
    www.CherokeeAMCA.org
    Steve@SteveKlein.com
    Georgetown, TX USA

Comment

It seems that the results of the Arlington Bike Show and Swapmeet went so well, that after we were contacted by Oklahoma enthusists, Gloria and I traveled to OKC to a one day swapmeet to meet with said enthusists. On Feb. 16th and 17th there will be a 2 day Bike Show and Swapmeet, www.jwswapmeet.com and we are going to set up a Cherokee Chapter Booth for the 2 days. Several members have said they are going to bring bikes to the show, and meet with people that are going to the Davis Okla, "Just Kickers" run in April. Several have expressed desire to be part of the expanded Cherokee Chapter, now that we are planning to attend events in all parts of Texas and border states. I invite all antique enthusists to join in this event. More will be in this month's Cherokee newsletter. Shelby

Comment

Working...
      X