Washington State AMCA Chapter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Washington State AMCA Chapter?

I heard AMCA lost a chapter from Washington State? Any one know the facts?
    Dan Margolien
    Yankee Chapter National Meet July 31/August 1 2020 at the TERRYVILLE Fairgounds, Terryville CT.
    Www.yankeechapter.org
    Pocketvalve@gmail.com

Yes, Dan, it is true; Washington Vintage Motorcycle Club has ended their relationship with AMCA.

WVM President, Bill Stevens, sent an email to the Board stating, in essence, that WVM has no interest in fulfilling their AMCA Charter requirements, even though they have been asked several times over the past two years to do so. Annual membership reports and the requirement that WVM members first be AMCA National members seems to be the main reason for leaving.

Mr. Stevens has told me in the past that former AMCA President, Pete Gagan, gave WVM some sort of “special dispensation” regarding AMCA National membership by WVM members. Though, nothing to that effect can be found in records from that time granting such an agreement.

Every Chapter that accepts an AMCA Charter agrees to follow all requirements set down in the AMCA Policies and Procedures Manual. The National membership requirement for all Chapter members was and is a requirement for all AMCA Chapters.

I do hope that those WVM members that are AMCA members will continue their memberships. Perhaps a new Chapter can be formed if there is enough interest by AMCA members in Washington. I will be happy to assist any group start a new Chapter anywhere; it only takes eight dedicated members to begin a new Chapter.

Fred Davis, AMCA Director of Chapters.
    Fred Davis AMCA #9176

Comment

Working...
    X