Ned info from "Cycle" magazines, 1969, for Jun-Jul-Aug-Sept-Oct

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ned info from "Cycle" magazines, 1969, for Jun-Jul-Aug-Sept-Oct

I'd like to obtain scans of the advertisements for back-issues of "Cycle" that appeared in the 1969 Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, and Oct. If this is too big of a bother I would consider purchasing these issues.
    Jerry Hatfield

If nobody steps up Jerry, they are available on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cycle-Magazi...-/330642049731
    Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Hatfield View Post
      I'd like to obtain scans of the advertisements for back-issues of "Cycle" that appeared in the 1969 Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, and Oct. If this is too big of a bother I would consider purchasing these issues.
      I have the magazines you refer to but cannot find an ad specifically for back issues of "Cycle" although there is a small ad for "magazine back issues" but it is not specific to "Cycle".
      AFJ

Comment

Originally posted by AFJ View Post
        I have the magazines you refer to but cannot find an ad specifically for back issues of "Cycle" although there is a small ad for "magazine back issues" but it is not specific to "Cycle".
        AFJ
        Thanks for responding and for your time. According to my notes filed with my collection of early "Cycles," in the November 1969 issue the magazines for Feb 51, Oct 51, and Nov 51 became unavailable for the first time. I assummed the magazine was running the back-issues ads every month, but you've proven this not to be the case. I'm writing a personal reminiscence of my years in the Panama Canal Zone, 1969-1973. During that period I bought from "Cycle" a lot of their 1950-1961 issues, including some issues that had previously been listed in the mid-fifties as "out of print." I finally completed by 1950-1961 set by purchasing four or five stragglers from Vaughn Greene (historian, writer), when I had a stop-over in California in 1973 on my way to Thailand. A few years ago I donated my 1974 and later "Cycle Worlds" (none missing) to the AMA. Up until the day before the donation, I had "Cycle" complete for Apr 1950 (first issue) through Dec 1961 and "Cycle" complete from Jan 1962 (first issue).

Thanks again!
        Jerry Hatfield

Comment

Originally posted by AFJ View Post
          AFJ
          Dear AFJ,

In the November 1969 "Cycle," is there a listing of "Cycle" back issues?
          Jerry Hatfield

Comment

Dear AFJ,

In the November 1969 "Cycle," is there a listing of "Cycle" back issues?
            Dear AFJ,

Please disregard my previous message. I've ordered the Nov 1969 "Cycle" from e-bay. Thanks.
            Jerry Hatfield

Comment

Dear AFJ,

Please disregard my previous message. I've ordered the Nov 1969 "Cycle" from e-bay. Thanks.
              Jerry,
              Scan of the ad which I think you are looking for sent to your email address as in AMCA 2011 Roster.
              AFJ

Comment

Working...
              X