Going Places

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going Places

I recall catching this on television when it first aired. It seems to me that it was sometime in the early nineties. Many of you may have seen it but I just tripped across these video clips and thought I'd post them for those that may not have. It featured two different groups of riders. The "new" Harley crowd and the Indian riders from the West Coast. It was quite the contrast. These clips do not include the other group but they cover the best part of the show anyway. There's a bit of cheese in the production but it gets the "old bike" thing across I think. I've got to admit that watching this again has got me thinking about rounding up a Chief!!!

Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

Cory, wasn't there a later story about Jeff several years later? He had some debilitating problem and wound up in tough shape...Mike

Comment

Mike, yes Jeff had a terrible accident on the way home from Sturgis in 1997. He passed away nearly three years ago now... http://www.antiquemotorcycle.org/bbo...n-Jeff-McGeary I posted these videos because I think they really convey what old motorcycling should be about. Indian Jeff was a true character.
      Cory Othen
      Membership#10953

Comment

I liked his attitude about riding the old iron instead of putting it in some museum. I personally get a bigger kick out of riding my old bikes than my newer ones. It's like the difference between and old wooden roller coaster and a new newfangled corkscrew, yeah the new ride is much faster, but way too smooth, can't quite stay awake for it...

Comment

Mike!!! Exactly!!! There's just something extra great about riding the old stuff. If you're prepared, an old bike should be able to take you wherever you want to go. Jeff proved it over and over.
          Cory Othen
          Membership#10953

Comment

Great vids!. Educational to boot. The shots riding through the Bighorns in WY got my blood pumping a wee bit. the Bighorns are one of my favorite drives though I haven't done it on a bike but God willing someday we will on the 48 Chief.

Thanks for posting Cory. Since I am new to the antique bike scene anything like this is very interesting to me.
            Jason Zerbini
            Near Pittsburgh PA (Farm Country)
            Allegheny Mountain Chapter http://amcaamc.com/

Comment

If you do find yourself in the big horns, try to stay at the Wagonbox Campground! It's in a town called Story, west of Buffalo a ways...Great food people and an awesome place to camp, right next to a river full of trout. It's always cool up there even when it's 106 in Buffalo..Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Skirted View Post
                Great vids!. Educational to boot. The shots riding through the Bighorns in WY got my blood pumping a wee bit. the Bighorns are one of my favorite drives though I haven't done it on a bike but God willing someday we will on the 48 Chief.

Thanks for posting Cory. Since I am new to the antique bike scene anything like this is very interesting to me.
                I'm glad you enjoyed them Jason. I find myself yearning for summer already.... I could use some time travelin'!

Originally posted by Panacea View Post
                If you do find yourself in the big horns, try to stay at the Wagonbox Campground! It's in a town called Story, west of Buffalo a ways...Great food people and an awesome place to camp, right next to a river full of trout. It's always cool up there even when it's 106 in Buffalo..Mike
                I'm gonna remember that Mike. Sounds like a perfect spot!!!
                Cory Othen
                Membership#10953

Comment

Working...
                X