Insurance for Antique Motorcycles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance for Antique Motorcycles

What insurance companies have others used to insure antique motorcycles? What advantages and disadvantages have you seen with a particular insurer?

Roy

Even though I am a state-licensed restorer, I go through this hassle perennially. My own machines cannot be covered on my garage-liability policy.

So I have contacted at least a half dozen national "specialty" companies this week (which has me ready to go "postal"), but it seems like Tri-State might be down to earth,...maybe.

1-800-603-3330,....maybe. That's off their last email to me. Web quotes never jive.

The insurance industry is about as consistant as Midwestern qwickymart gasoline: usually urine, but occasionally just vinegar.

Comment

I use grundy collector car insurance they say they don't do motor cycles but when I told the how old they are and that thay are collecter bikes they took them on. I think they get alot of people calling to insure thier new bikes and that is why they say they don't do bikes.

Comment

Erdos!
        Can you post a telephone number? (I'm still shopping! ).

Comment

800-338-4005

http://www.grundy.com/grundy_car_insurance.html

Comment

Motorcycle Insurance

Does Grungy (I mean Grundy) write liability and uninsured motorist coverage on your bikes, or just property damage and theft? Thanks.

Comment

Comp & Collision, Bodily Injury, Property Damage, Statutory medicl payments, and Uninsured Motorisr coverage.

Comment

Hi all,
                I been using Conden & Skelly for a couple years now on Antique cars & bikes on the sam policy, all stated value ins & good rates.

Conden & Skelly
                Maple Shade, NJ
                800-257-9496

Comment

Dairyland Insurance

In Wisconsin use Dairyland Insurance
                  http://www.sentry.com/preferred_moto...insurance.html
                  They offer a special vintage program. Every year they do a poster of a different insured vintage bike for their giveaway promo poster check out the links at the bottom of the page linked above! FatDog

Comment

Just paid insurance

I just renewed my policy to Conden & Skelly. I have full coverage, 2,500 miles maximum use per year, and $12,000 stated value on my 56 Servicar. My rate runs about $125 per year.

Comment

Called Dairyland today.
                      They wanted over $850+ for minimum coverage on two $12G bikes.

That's the highest quote ever!!

That's over $2,50 a mile on my restricted antique registrations.

I'm po'd at the insurance industry for other grievances as well. It seems that everything revolves around an agent, who might show up for his appointment,,,,maybe....yeah right.

Three have stood me up this last week.

Comment

Check It Out!

Found a web site I might just sign up for the Insurance.
                        americancollectorsins.com seems the rate looks good, especially for more than 2 or 3 Bikes.

Comment

I've been using Hagerty Classic. Cost @ $380.00 a year for $20,000.00 bike coverage, and liabilty, but no PIP
                          Started out 3 years ago @ $125.00 for the same coverage but with MI new tax's or whatever state charges all insurance rate have been going up over $100 average per year around here.

Comment

Working...
                          X