AMA vintage days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMA vintage days

I see again that the AMA has scheduled the vintage days meet the same weekend as wauseon. The folks in Columbus are not very smart. Wauseon has had their meet much longer than the AMA and the ama could have a better turnout if held any dates but the same as wauseon. I would attend both if not on the same weekend. It is too bad more planning is not done so antique motorcycle enthusiast could attend both meets.

I know years ago the powers that be changed the dates as to not conflict. It might be venue date conflicts with the AMCA or the AMA. The AMA IS being ran different these days......
    Louie
    FaceBook >>>Modern Antique Cycle
    Blog Site >>> http://louiemcman.blogspot.com/
    YouTube >>> LouieMCman

Comment

Hennigan62 & Louie.
      Fred Davis here. As Chair of the “Wauseon Committee” for the last couple of years, I can tell you that I participated in a teleconference with Jack Penton and Ken Salon (spelling) from AMA after Wauseon 2012 regarding our dates for 2013 and how it would benefit both organizations to resolve the conflicting dates. The Wauseon meet is locked in to the third weekend of July until at least 2014 at Fulton County Fairgrounds. All AMCA National meets require much planning and I’m sure VMD is a monster of an undertaking.
      The guys at AMA tell me that their date is determined first by the schedule of several auto racing groups, then Moto GP, then US Superbike, and ……
      Even though we knocked heads with VMD last year, Wauseon experienced a record year in 2012. We are the World’s Largest AMCA National Meet. We hope to do even better in 2013.
      I, too, am disappointed that we must share the same weekend VMD, but I can tell we will have a better time at Wauseon and all will be welcome.
      Fred Davis AMCA #9176

Comment

HI Fred
        Thanks for your info, and all the hard work you do. I am sure that there are many who go to Wauseon who have absolutely no interest in VMD. I'm not one of them. Bikes to me are not something to collect. They are to be ridden and enjoyed on and off road. I am completely at home at either venue. This **** sucks! It was supposedly worked out a couple of years ago. The meets aren't for the fairgrounds or Mid Ohio, they are for us. Screw their schedules, and screw the ones who set them up. This is a big dealto me. These are the two events I like, and can attend each year. Oh well......................Mike

Comment

Mike thanks for the good words. Yes, it does suck that this conflict exists; it forces folks to decide between two great events. Vendors lose, shoppers lose, AMA loses, AMCA loses and Wauseon loses.
          The only good thing is that AMA will hold their flat track races on Saturday evening.
          I was at the All American Indian M/C Christmas Party yesterday; several people that would normally vend-shop-attend at both meets were pretty POed.
          Fred Davis AMCA #9176

Comment

Could you imagine them both together? That would be the mother of all events! Too bad the AMA has gone Las Vegas big time, and ATV goofy, and forgot about the core riders. Mike

Comment

For that to happen,you'd have to clean a few AMA bard members & probably a CEO !

Comment

Working...
              X