Membership

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Membership

I am a current member who has not been very active just mostly reading the magazine and checking into the forum now and then. I am almost to the point that I want to be more active and get to know more people in the club. Currently in Montgomery Al I know that there are a few members in the State, Do you all ever get together and just visit, share information or work on bikes? Thanks

Originally posted by freebird914 View Post
    Do you all ever get together and just visit, share information or work on bikes? Thanks
    Yes, we do.....

Comment

Wish you guys were a bit closer, nobody seems to live near me that has the same interest(s).
      Rich Inmate #7084

Comment

When antique motorcycle people live close enough to ride and hang out together, they often form another chapter of the AMCA. I think it takes eight. There's a formal process to go through, applying to the BoD and collecting signatures and all that, but the club now has almost 60 chapters. When we formed the Seaboard Chapter in South Jersey in December, 1974, we were the third (St. Louis Chapter, Empire Chapter in NY state, and us)

All that rigamarole is too much formality for some people, but it gives people a framework to hang their hats on, and if it's a going concern, there's someone with an idea for a place to ride or something to do about every weekend. And people help each other out, like breakdown assistance or with parts and labor, or just good conversation.
        Gerry Lyons #607
        http://www.37ul.com/
        http://flatheadownersgroup.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Liz View Post
          Yes, we do.....
          Is that your Shovel Liz? It looks like a rider with character! I like it!!
          Cory Othen
          Membership#10953

Comment

Originally posted by c.o. View Post
            Is that your Shovel Liz? It looks like a rider with character! I like it!!
            Yeah, that's it. I was just funnin' Bruce (freebird914).... that's his front yard a month ago when I rode up for Barber. (my regulator wire had come loose in the butt connector)

Comment

I was looking for some closer members Liz but you know your always welcome... An nice new shed and you do the fix'in in the yard... lol

Comment

Originally posted by freebird914 View Post
                I am a current member ........... Currently in Montgomery Al ...........
                Freebirdy

Do you know Ray Moore form Mntgomery Al. ? ( He is about 50 years old)

joe

Comment

Freebird914, check your email at muskrat.....I sent a PM. Fred.
                  Fred Davis AMCA #9176

Comment

No I do not. Most people I know have newer bikes, I appreciate the old iron ... But like all of them.

Comment

Thank you...

Comment

Working...
                      X