Clinchers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clinchers

I recall a discussion awhile back about clinchers. Pete put out a great article regarding the topic and it's worth a read to anyone who may be interested. Thanks Pete!!!

http://occhiolungo.wordpress.com/201...allation-tips/
    Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

thanks for that.
    gww57.com

Comment

Yes, thanks for that info.
      Also, in case anyone needs repacement clincher rims, our old pal Al McRoberts here in Michigan makes every clincher rim you can imagine, including "one off" or in some cases 4 off, of some of the rarest MC, & automobile rims. Al's shop has all the early 1900s job specific machinery that probably is some of the last in existance of it's kind. He's also a good source of info on clincher stuff, and is always willing to help out.

Comment

That's good to know Tom. I'm betting Al's shop is a real time trip!
        Cory Othen
        Membership#10953

Comment

thanks for the mention Cory. And a tip of the hat to Al McRoberts. He's been selling rims via the AMCA magazine for years. I have a nice set from him, straight and true...

Regards,
          Pete

Comment

Pete, your blog is well worth checking on once in awhile. I've been pondering the clincher idea with my Powerplus. I haven't inspected the originals well enough yet but I think they could end up being wall hangers. I want to ride the bike when it's finished, so I'm now thinking it may be worth ordering a set from Al. Thanks again Tom for mentioning him.
            Cory Othen
            Membership#10953

Comment

Working...
            X