Not Motorcycle Related.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not Motorcycle Related.

It's been all over the news so I thought I'd better check and see how the east coast members are doing????
    Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

Non event up here. We were expecting a bad one. But moderate winds, light rain.

Dont' envy those on the coast between CT and Philly, though. Bad from what I see on the news!

Cheers,

Sirhr

Comment

Not so good in Eastern PA. House damage and my van was under a tree in the AM. Others along the NJ shore are wiped out....Still no power here...
      DSCF5355.JPGDSCF5326.JPG

Comment

The second pic on my reply was the view from my door Tuesday morning...
        Waiting to hear from friends on the Jersey Shore....

Comment

Had 3-4 inches of rain and a lot of wind but not any real damage. There were some trees down in the area but the power stayed on. I had my generator ready to go. I feared it would be much worse than what we got, the eye of the storm went right through my area, about 100 miles north west of Philly.
          Jim D

Comment

nice to hear things are ok with you hollywood - hope to hear from others and things are the same

aka HAWG
            1914 EXCELSIOR BELT DRIVE SINGLE
            1914 excelsior belt drive single carcuss
            1940 indian chief military
            1965 sportster xlch
            1969 sportster xlch bobber
            1971 bsa A65 chopper
            1969 harley ss350 sprint
            1960 harley topper
            1963 harley topper
            H model whizzer on cheiftain bicycle
            H model whizzer on schwinn bicycle
            1949 harley model 125 bobber project
            1959 harley model 165
            1960 harley super 10
            1974 indian 70cc dirt bike
            EXCELSIOR - ALWAYS MAKES GOOD

Comment

I hope the ones that were impacted by the storm will be able to get back to normal soon.

Here in Central PA, it was a mixed bag. There is some flooding, and serious in spots, severe damage to buildings and plenty of uprooted trees. And of course people are still out of electricity; but that number is dwindling by the hour now.

I live in a mountainous region and we were spared, the worst of the wind; but 9 or 10 miles away the above problems still exist.

All that we can do is take one day at a time; and say a prayer for the ones not as fortunate.

Comment

Originally posted by bjind View Post
                I hope the ones that were impacted by the storm will be able to get back to normal soon.
                I wholeheartedly echo that statement. I'm hoping for the best for everyone.
                Cory Othen
                Membership#10953

Comment

No power, hot water or phone since Monday night. Hoboken NJ is wasted. I got two new trucks under water and the national guard just showed up. Found a McDonalds with free wifi. Getting your junk e-mail for the first time in four days has a way of making you feel human. They better get this power grid up soon. The savages are going to start getting restless. Bob L
                  AMCA #3149
                  http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

It's good to hear from you Bob!!! I saw Jersey on the news last night and I was wondering how you were!!
                    Cory Othen
                    Membership#10953

Comment

i'm a few miles south of hollywood(jeff, not the town) at 7 pm they pulled the 100 foot pine tree from rt.202 and my porch. now the road is open and the town has power. the tree just grazed the porch nobody wanted to cut it from the wires. i was starting to like the darkness at night.
                      rob ronky #10507
                      www.diamondhorsevalley.com

Comment

Not as good as I would like but Beanie and I are getting along. Life suck sometimes and this is one of them. Bob L
                        Attached Files
                        AMCA #3149
                        http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Luland View Post
                          No power, hot water or phone since Monday night. Hoboken NJ is wasted. I got two new trucks under water and the national guard just showed up. Found a McDonalds with free wifi. Getting your junk e-mail for the first time in four days has a way of making you feel human. They better get this power grid up soon. The savages are going to start getting restless. Bob L
                          "two new truck under water", you and a few others out there that I know, you have my sympathy. My Army buds from DC haven't written back yet, probably too busy wringing out the mops.
                          I'll make you a few promises: I WON'T complain about my arthritis while I'm climbing into my fairly new and DRY truck for quite a while since seeing your pics. And I'll thank the Lord for my arthritis, because my problems could be so much worse!
                          Good luck, and hang tough.

Comment

I'm in agreement with Phil. The rest of our everyday problems are looking pretty minor compared to this. It's good to finally hear from you too Rob!!
                            Cory Othen
                            Membership#10953

Comment

I just heard some loco on one of the alphabet channels blaming the storm on Bush! I kid you not. Said that if he would have done something about global warming (now climate change), this storm would have been less severe! Anyways, my heart goes out to those who were affected.

Comment

Working...
                              X