• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knuckle Tour

He's livin' the dream!!!

Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

That was awesome, thanks for sharing Cory. Hat's off to Dale for taken care of the guy at his shop!

Comment

most excellent
      gww57.com

Comment

He flew back from Prudhoe to Fairbanks? I've followed a lot of rides around the world here: http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2 and from what I recall none had that luxury.

He was fortunate to get an air lift out of Prudhoe, that is for sure.

The ADV link provided has more details in various ride reports of the ride to Prudhoe and the effort required to do the ride 2 wheels as well as a ton of others where people have ridden to some of the toughest locations around the world. Many of them have doen the same thing, quit work and left to see the world, but from what I remeber reading over the last few years none on a Knucklehead.

The link is a great place to spend winter nights reading about what people are doing to the extreme of travel on 2 wheels.

I have to believe the bike was at home through.

The reason is because of road conditions back in those days of the 40's, when outside major cities were templates for the road to Prudhoe, less the sodium chloride though.

Imagine doing the ride on a JD or something earlier.......
        Last edited by ricmoran; 10-22-2012, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Heck of a story. Thanks for posting. As if I needed any after reading about the cannonball, just one more piece of evidence how reliable the antique bikes can be with some maintenance. His adventure is amazing enough in itself but the employer holding his job open is something as well. Apparently he was well liked. If he knew ahead of time they would hold his job that would have given him one less thing to agonize over on those lonely highways!

Now that was a luggage rack!
          Jason Zerbini
          Near Pittsburgh PA (Farm Country)
          Allegheny Mountain Chapter http://amcaamc.com/

Comment

Cory, thanks again for taking your time in finding these great videos and sharing them with us. Bob
            Bob Rice #6738

Comment

Working...
            X