AMCA Seeking Club Treasurer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMCA Seeking Club Treasurer

The AMCA is looking for an individual to fill the role of Club Treasurer. This person should have experience in accounting and/or bookkeeping, and it would help if you’ve already served as Treasurer for another organization.

If you would be interested in filling this important position, please see the News item posted here.

Thanks.

Bill Wood

My name is Jim Graulty and I have been the Treasurer since I volunteered to fill the void when Raymond Dhue died. Since I volunteered, changing circumstances have deprived me of the time necessary to maintain the Treasurer's position. I think it is important to note the following for anyone considering this position:
    1. I have created a written manual for everything the Treasurer has to do; from how to open a bank account (what documents are needed and how to get them), to posting the books.
    2. The club is open to the option of having an outside accounting/bookkeeping service post the books and prepare the financial statements. I was able to this myself, but it is not a prerequisite. If you can pay the bills and keep the files organized, an outside accountant can do the rest.
    3. We have engaged the services of an outside accounting firm to handle all tax matters and tax return prepration. You don't have to do this.
    4. I have a written outline in a Word document which describes the duties I currently perform. If you'd like to take a look at what the Treasurer does, send me an email and I'll send this to you: jamesgraulty@msn.com. All my contact information is also in the magazine. Feel free to call me.

I have informed the Board of Directors that I can only cover the Treasurer's work through December 31. It would be nice if someone were available to start before that date so there could be some overlap and orientation while I'm still available.

Thank you,

Jim Graulty

Comment

Working...
    X