www.caimag.com/forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rwm View Post
    cory some guys may not talk about the stuff they have in fear of late night thefts. after a 500,000 dollar Cyclone vanished. Membership left in boat loads when told you needed to show your address. that may have been relaxed, but no one returned.
    You hit that one on the head, Rob. It was unnecessary to force bulletin board subscribers to reveal their given names and addresses to register for this board, when proof that whoever we were, we were paid, numbered members of the AMCA should have been plenty to cross-reference without it being restated. But it's all an evolving process; you make some good moves, and others have unintended consequences. That is exactly the point at which I saw participation in this forum dissolve.
    Gerry Lyons #607
    http://www.37ul.com/
    http://flatheadownersgroup.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Sargehere View Post
      That single go-round you're stuck on occurred years ago. The moderator in question was as new to the whole electronic "bboard" experience as the rest of us. That conduct no longer occurs on the CAIMag board. It was part of the growing and learning process for everyone involved.

So, why carry on your boycott/bitterness over something that is long-past history? The problem was resolved, has never again recurred, and we've all grown in our knowledge of what it means to post to an antique motorcycle bulletin board. You're the only one still holding up a "strike" sign over a dispute settled long ago. Bitterness is all it is, Tom; one-way, pure, bull-headed orneryness, and will get you nowhere. Life's too short.
      Somebody tell Sargehere that Freedom of Speech does not expire: Even with a bullet in the head of a fourteen year old girl who stands up for it, much less chiding the likes of me about a trivial topic such as website owners and their abusive moderators.

The whole world now watches everything. Better pick a side before the other wants to cut your tongue out, huh. And they might even ride a flathead.

....Cotten
      AMCA #776
      Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Unadulterated bitterness does not expire; for some. You got freedom to carry it around inside for as long as you breathe, to make it right, or let it eat your soul (by bringing it up every single time someone mentions "CAIMag" on this forum). Makes no difference to me. That's your freedom.

"Candy is dandy, but liquor it quicker. Ain't nobody's business but your own."
        Gerry Lyons #607

Comment

I am an endorcer of all things constitutionally, however, it is my assumption the constitution protects us against the Government not private entities. If you come on my property you go by MY constitution. If that means you give up the 1st, 2nd, (However, that won't happen), so be it. The owner of a website, property, or buisness has the right to do as he pleases as long as it is legally correct.
          D. A. Bagin #3166 AKA Panheadzz 440 48chief W/sidecar 57fl 57flh 58fl 66m-50 68flh 70xlh

Comment

Yes!, Mr. Bagin,

And that is exactly why I have refused several invitations back into Mr. Kanter's territory.

No one knows better than I that there is no guarantee of fundamental rights in the cyberworld: I may well hold the record being barred from the most motorcycle forums, yet it was never for obscenity, harmfull information (Fire! in a theater scenario), slander, spam, off-topic posts, or politically incorrect "hate speech".

It was usually for embarrassing somebody who deserved it.

I voluntarily left Mr. Kanter's forum , and took my toys with me, posthaste!
            He subsequently printed damaging information about my DURABLE floats in his hardcopy publication, declaring that they should be set to specs other than they were designed....
            (My floats are to be set to your model's book specs.)

If I had a lawyer that I could trust, I would have sued for the time it took to handle the flood of inquirys from customers, new and old, to explain that Buzz and his crew must be just too buzzed.

....Cotten
            AMCA #776

Comment

Understood and agree with.
              D. A. Bagin #3166 AKA Panheadzz 440 48chief W/sidecar 57fl 57flh 58fl 66m-50 68flh 70xlh

Comment

I was just trying to make things right and resolve the bitterness carried by Tom before he takes his long sleep in the dirt. But on second thought, The CAIMag forum is far, far better off that he stays away and vents his childish vitriol only over here. I still recommend his Durable floats when choices come up, even over there; they're that good. Only Rubber Duckies are comparable.
                Gerry Lyons #607

Comment

Originally posted by Sargehere View Post
                  I was just trying to make things right and resolve the bitterness carried by Tom before he takes his long sleep in the dirt. But on second thought, The CAIMag forum is far, far better off that he stays away and vents his childish vitriol only over here. I still recommend his Durable floats when choices come up, even over there; they're that good. Only Rubber Duckies are comparable.
                  I try to say very little on this site or any other.
                  I think it is time to put this to sleep.
                  Every time you post, it invites Tom to get another shot.
                  You had the same type of thing going a few years ago with another member until I sent you both private messages to please stop.
                  Again you are make this sight look childish.
                  Jim

Comment

Understood and agree with.

Comment

I realize everybody thinks differently and sees things different but here's something I picked up from another forum. This thread's direction made me think it might be a good read for Tom, Sarge and a few others.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/obit...ric-Lomax.html

Comment

Thanx for that, Dewey! I've lost friends who carried nonsensical bitterness to their graves. People change, and their attitudes change, but the root of their simmering hate is their inability to see past the ends of their noses. Life's too short!
                        Gerry Lyons #607

Comment

Dewey!

The lesson of Mr. Lomax's life is not lost upon me.
                          (I worked with a survivor of the Bataan Death March; just one more reason why I zealously hold basic Freedoms so sacred.)

Folks,
                          If Mr. Kanter would print a correction with apology for his mis-information about DURABLE floats in his hardcopy publication, and snailmail me the issue for verification, I shall accept his invitation to re-register upon his site.

....Cotten
                          AMCA #776

Comment

I only have flattys (unfortunately) but as I'm nosey, I want to see what EVERYBODY is doing. "New Posts" and/or "Activity Stream" gets it all.
                            Rich Inmate #7084

Comment

Hello Eric. Like you, I enjoy the oddball motorcycles and the very early machines. If you ever come across any forums or websites that feature such motorcycles, can you please let me know? Time is short, and I like to keep focused on my favorites.

I don't have any feelings against knuckleheads or pans, etc. But I really, really like to see things like a Merkel or a Griffon or a Holden. You might be right, the general motorcycling public doesn't show a lot of attention to the early bikes or the oddballs. There are probably a lot of reasons for that (unfamiliarity, high costs, non-ridden museum trophies hidden away, etc.). I suppose all that we can do is to share our enthusiasm and see if it catches on. My website will continue to feature pioneer machines and obscure marques, and I'll ride my machines at every opportunity. Seeing and hearing them go down the road is the best.

best regards,
                              Pete Young
                              www.occhiolungo.wordpress.com

Originally posted by exeric View Post
                              I have to say that members like Cory are what make the AMCA forum still worth comming to. His passion for early bikes is what this club used to be about. Anymore, it seems that the antique motorcycle world is only about knucks, pans, and Harley 45s. I love those bikes as much as anyone, but there is a whole universe of American motorcycle history that goes ignored. I've actually had "motorcycle" guys laugh at my Merkel, which is something I would only expect from a slack jawed yokel at a tractor pull. My complaint about the lack of early motorycle interest goes further than just this forum. I think there is a general lack of interest in early motorycles unless they're modified for the Cannonball thing. Maybe it's because early bikes are not good riders, or the lack of documentation, and parts scare people. Whatever the case, I have seen big changes in this hobby and that's where my negative statement came from. Regardless, I'll continue to visit here. As for the AMCA's reputation for being a contentious forum; I think those days have passed. I've seen as bad, or worse on the caimag forum.

Comment

Pete!

The early machines are the least documented,
                                and therefore the most mysterious.

My delving into the carbs produces one mystery after another. And I have no real runners to examine.

The general public is indeed focused upon models that are far better defined, and therefore easier.
                                But our mandate is to preserve all.

We all have the means to cooperate right here on this forum.
                                Not all are willing to take advantage of it.

...Cotten
                                AMCA #776

Comment

Working...
                                X