Jefferson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jefferson

Good morning folks, just got off of Accu-Weather and it looks like a beautiful weekend at Jefferson. For you new comers here that are thinking of attending. Do not make this awful mistake! There are three Jefferson's in PA. The one you want is on the eastern end of the state by York where the HD assembly plant is. Jefferson is incorporated into the township of Spring Grove, PA. 17362 The meet is held at the White Rose Motorcycle Club. I wish you all the luck in the world finding it if you're going there for the first time at night. Safe trip Lads, see ya there. Bob L
    AMCA #3149
    http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

If you get anywhere close to Spring Grove PA you'll know it form the smell (The town is built around a paper mill). That is how the White Rose guys gave me directions 20 plus years ago...

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Luland View Post
      Good morning folks, just got off of Accu-Weather and it looks like a beautiful weekend at Jefferson. For you new comers here that are thinking of attending. Do not make this awful mistake! There are three Jefferson's in PA. The one you want is on the eastern end of the state by York where the HD assembly plant is. Jefferson is incorporated into the township of Spring Grove, PA. 17362 The meet is held at the White Rose Motorcycle Club. I wish you all the luck in the world finding it if you're going there for the first time at night. Safe trip Lads, see ya there. Bob L
      I have my directions and ready to go Bob took a bit to pin the location down but I will be there Thursday afternoon some time see ya there!
      Chuck
      AMCA Member#1848

Comment

The bottom line is when you come into the center of town there is a rotory. There is a gas station/convenence store on one corner. Looking straight at the store, if you take the road to your left up the hill to White Rose road. Theres a tiny road sign on the corner poll. If you take the road to the right of the station, it will bring you around the the low way to the club. When you hit the railroad tracks, just keep following them. Bob L
        AMCA #3149

Comment

Thanks for the detail on directions Robert. My mapping software seems a little confused with the Hill Climb Rd address but don't think I'll have any problem.
          Just checked the weather and Friday is looking awesome. 79 and SUNNY. Looks like a chance of rain though on Sat. The weather people have been known to be wrong once or twice.
          Do most of the bikes coming for judging arrive Friday or do they wait until Saturday? If it rains, how does that affect the show/judging?
          Jason Zerbini
          Near Pittsburgh PA (Farm Country)
          Allegheny Mountain Chapter http://amcaamc.com/

Comment

Like all meets they move it inside as they did last year. The weather is so far holding tight for a great weekend. Bob L
            AMCA #3149

Comment

Cool counting down the hours.................
              Chuck
              AMCA Member#1848

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Luland View Post
                Like all meets they move it inside as they did last year. The weather is so far holding tight for a great weekend. Bob L
                Great! wasn't sure if there were facilites to move it inside or not. Appears it won't matter because the updated weather report has removed the chance of rain for Saturday so both days are still looking great.
                This will be my first AMCA meet and am looking forward to a new experience as my wife and I are coming from many years in the classic car scene. We'll try to blend in but am sure we'll still stick out like newbies no matter. We hope to get there by later afternoon on Friday.
                Jason Zerbini

Comment

Jefferson Pics

Heres a few pics from Jefferson. Weather was excellent! Both wife and I had a great time at our first meet. I want to thank those who strongly suggested we go to this meet. Hope to make a couple others next year. Listened in closely on some judging of the Chiefs and got quite an education!!!
                  The first pic of the Harley was at the Hampton Inn where we stayed in Hanover. It had a South Dakota plate. Never did get to see or meet the owner.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Skirted; 10-06-2012, 07:40 PM.
                  Jason Zerbini

Comment

Jefferson Pics 2

A few more random pics.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Skirted; 10-06-2012, 07:48 PM.
                    Jason Zerbini

Comment

Sorry that J and I missed you. I think you must have been driving in as we were driving out, because we left about 5. But after the 11 hour drive, it was just time to hit the hotel. My first time at Jefferson and while the bikes and the flea market were great... the venue was just spectacular. J had never seen an actual hillclimbing course before and while she had heard of hillclimbing, did not 'get' it until seeing the hill.

I would LOVE to have seen this place in its heyday... back in the late 1950's or early 1960's when the big American 'heavies' ruled the roads. Bet some of the road runs by the club (and the weekend events) were just spectacular. I hope that someone is recording the verbal and photographic histories of places like these. Because the White Rose MC facility has to be one of the last places of its kind around. It's not just a motorcycling treasure... that place is an American Treasure!

Oh and there was a Chief there that really spoke to me. So noone buy it, please. I'll be following up on it for sure ;-)

Cheers,

Sirhr

Comment

Originally posted by sirhrmechanic View Post
                        Sorry that J and I missed you. I think you must have been driving in as we were driving out, because we left about 5. But after the 11 hour drive, it was just time to hit the hotel. My first time at Jefferson and while the bikes and the flea market were great... the venue was just spectacular. J had never seen an actual hillclimbing course before and while she had heard of hillclimbing, did not 'get' it until seeing the hill.

I would LOVE to have seen this place in its heyday... back in the late 1950's or early 1960's when the big American 'heavies' ruled the roads. Bet some of the road runs by the club (and the weekend events) were just spectacular. I hope that someone is recording the verbal and photographic histories of places like these. Because the White Rose MC facility has to be one of the last places of its kind around. It's not just a motorcycling treasure... that place is an American Treasure!

Oh and there was a Chief there that really spoke to me. So noone buy it, please. I'll be following up on it for sure ;-)

Cheers,

Sirhr
                        We also thought White Rose was an awesome place. Going in not knowing what to expect, we were very pleasantly surprised. Great people there. And yes that hillclimb was awesome. In my early teens I had a 1971 BSA 500 dirt bike that was a hill climbing son-of-a-gun. The torquey 4 stroke just never ran out of power. Walking past "the hill" all day, all I could think of was if I could have climbed it on the BSA.
                        Jason Zerbini

Comment

The bike in the picture you refer to of the red knuckle is, none other than Carl Olsen's. The Cheif Judge who appears in your second set of pics with the green shirt and white ball cap looking over the 48 pan with the package truck. The story on that bike was incredible too. I don't want to misquote it so I will leave it o others to chime in. I have been going to WRMC for about 40 years and remember fondly the early days when you could still see a BT Flatty, Pan, Sportster, Triumph or BSA blast a pass up that hill!! I used to ride 3 hrs to get there on my 46 knuckle bobber. Still have that bike too. Too much fun!!

Rollo

Comment

Absolutely perfect weather!! A good turnout also, though some of the long-term vendors did not show this year. I was there Friday, had my black and orange '50 pan parked in front of the clubhouse all day. I decided to head home Saturday, it has been a long week and I need Sunday to recuperate before hitting the grind on Monday morning.

It was great to hang around with some great guys, some from as far as California. I had a blast!
                            Lonnie Campbell #9908
                            South Cackalackey, U.S. of A.

Come see us at the Tenth Annual AMCA Southern National Meet - May 17-19, 2019 at Denton FarmPark, Denton, N.C.

Visit the website for vendor and visitor information at www.amcasouthernnationalmeet.com

Comment

Yes another great time at Jefferson.Those boys and girls from the amca put on a great show all around.White Rose M.C. puts out a great line of food and drink at reasonable prices. Again thank you all.

Comment

Working...
                              X