• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie here

Jeff here, in Erie, PA.
    jeff.jpg
    A big hello to everyone!
    I'm sort of a quiet guy, I learned long ago that we have 2 ears and 1 mouth so we may listen twice as much as we speak.
    Otherwise, how do we learn?
    I read a lot and don't write much at all. But if I see that maybe I can help someone, I won't hesitate.
    I love the old bikes, especially HD. I like working on them, I do all my own PM and repairs but sometimes I need advise or opinions.
    The newest bike I've owned was a 73....the oldest, a 47.
    The more I look at the new ones, the less I want to ride, let alone work on them.
    I started with a 47 WL years ago and regret selling.
    I currently own a 72 XLCH, my 4th of this model. And like the flathead, I regret selling them all, but my garage is only so big.
    008.jpg
    Be seeing ya'll

Welcome aboard.

My first Harley was a '76 XLCH which I totally restored c. 1989. I have a soft spot for the 'competition hot' Sportsters. Mine was a one-kick bike and while not the fastest bike on the road, could get from stoplight to stoplight faster than most.

There are lots of great folks here and in AMCA in general. Have fun and look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers,

Sirhr

Comment

Wecome Jeff, Good people, good times are ahead of ya. Start by getting involved. Join the Empire chapter. It's to late for Brookfield but See you at Jefferson PA. 10/5 and 6. Bob L
      AMCA #3149
      http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

Welcome aboard Jeff!!! My first Harley was a little newer than Sirhr's... a '77 XLH!!! It also tended to make it to stoplights a little quicker than the other bikes I was riding with!
        Cory Othen
        Membership#10953

Comment

Welcome Jeff. I wandered into the local dealership in 1975, money in hand, trying to decide whether to buy a CH or the FX sitting next to it. The price diffierence was only 400.00, but I knew the CH was faster. Another customer in the showroom came over to help me decide as he had owned both models. He told me the Superglide was much more comfortable on the highway, but no way you could get a decent wheelie with the FX. About a minute later the Sportster was mine, and still is 37 years later.
          Kyle Oanes AMCA # 3046

Comment

Originally posted by koanes View Post
            Welcome Jeff. I wandered into the local dealership in 1975, money in hand, trying to decide whether to buy a CH or the FX sitting next to it. The price diffierence was only 400.00, but I knew the CH was faster. Another customer in the showroom came over to help me decide as he had owned both models. He told me the Superglide was much more comfortable on the highway, but no way you could get a decent wheelie with the FX. About a minute later the Sportster was mine, and still is 37 years later.
            PICTURE please!!!! Bring back some memories!

Cheers,

Sirhr

Comment

Been to any meets yet? best way to get to know the club is a day or weekend at a swap meet or a ride. Just my opinion, I grew up around the club and that is what I look forward to most Is a meet. New faces, beautiful bikes, old friends, inspiration and I never leave without having learned something. Welcome to the club, fairly new myself.

Comment

Working...
              X