Live coverage of the 2012 Cannonball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Live coverage of the 2012 Cannonball

Just wanted everyone to know that we will again be posting live daily updates from the 2012 Cannonball, the coast-to-coast endurance run for motorcycles made before 1930.

Updates from the road will be posted late each night (or early each morning) in the News area of the AMCA website once the ride begins this Friday (9/7). Right now, there's a Cannonball preview posted to give you an overview of the ride. You can get to it at http://www.antiquemotorcycle.org/ind...t01returnid=97

The first Cannonball, two years ago, was a once-in-a-lifetime experience for all of us lucky enough to be involved in it. So I guess this year qualifies as a twice-in-a-lifetime experience. I hope our coverage will give you some sense of that experience. I can't wait for it to get rolling.

Bill Wood

Good to hear Bill! I will be watching from afar with great interest!!! Thanks!!!
    Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

Comment

I just read the preview Bill. I noted that the map provided shows a run across Montana. I had thought they were going across Wyoming? Did the route change? Just curious.... I look forward to your progress reports!!
      Cory Othen
      Membership#10953

Comment

Thank you Bill... I attended 3 "stages" of the 2010 Run and it is truly a once-in-a-lifetime experience. I impatiently await your updates each evening... thanks for including us in the twice-in-a-lifetime adventure.

Comment

Right on Bill, thanks. Looking forward to it for sure.

Comment

I just tripped across this video.

Cory Othen
            Membership#10953

Comment

Go Excelsior !
              Eric Smith
              AMCA #886

Comment

Originally posted by c.o. View Post
                I just read the preview Bill. I noted that the map provided shows a run across Montana. I had thought they were going across Wyoming? Did the route change? Just curious.... I look forward to your progress reports!!
                Cory:

The "route" you see on the web story was drawn by Google Maps. It includes the right overnight stops, but the roads connecting those dots were the ones chosen by the mapping software. The actual daily route--the one chosen by John Classen--will be secret until the night before each stage. My understanding is that the actual route likely will stay in Wyoming. In fact, when I just plugged just that day into Google Maps, it showed me a route entirely in Wyoming.

Me? I'm just following the bikes. Where they go--I go!

Comment

I getcha Bill! Follow those bikes man!!!
                  Cory Othen
                  Membership#10953

Comment

It's unfortunate that this can't be more of a "specator" event, but I do understand the reason for not releasing the daily route until the night before each stage........it just makes it difficult to find a place to watch everyone go by.
                    I plan on being at the Ferry entrance at Muskegon, Michigan for the ending of Stage three, got the cameras ready, batteries charged up. Can anyone give me an "approximate" time, that they "think" the bikes "might" start rolling in ??????just a guess would be great.
                    Mike Ingalls

Battle Creek, Michigan

Comment

wish I was there....maybe next year...Dave in Arizona

Comment

[QUOTE=michiganmike;124199]It's unfortunate that this can't be more of a "specator" event, but I do understand the reason for not releasing the daily route until the night before each stage........it just makes it difficult to find a place to watch everyone go by.
                        I plan on being at the Ferry entrance at Muskegon, Michigan for the ending of Stage three, got the cameras ready, batteries charged up. Can anyone give me an "approximate" time, that they "think" the bikes "might" start rolling in ??????just a guess would be great.

I would check on the ferry schedule to see when they will be boarding.
                        Bob Selph
                        1933VC/1934LT Sidecar
                        1940 Sport Scout
                        AMCA#15215

Comment

Was at the hotel this morning and caught a few shots. Cory, this to make up not taking any pictures at the last few meets. Just click veiw all. Enjoy, Bob Luland
                          Last edited by Robert Luland; 09-06-2012, 04:32 PM.
                          AMCA #3149
                          http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

If you go on google news and type in motorcycle cannonball you will see the schedule of local towns that decided to promote the event. The ferry schedule is there. I just left the meeting hotel and I can say most people are ready for the long trip west. There are a few owners with bikes that wrenches are turning wildly to get ready. God bless them all for a safe trip.
                            Last edited by D.A.Bagin; 09-06-2012, 04:41 PM.
                            D. A. Bagin #3166 AKA Panheadzz 440 48chief W/sidecar 57fl 57flh 58fl 66m-50 68flh 70xlh

Comment

Bob Luland, Great photos! Thanks for going there and taking the time to post. Bob
                              Bob Rice #6738

Comment

Working...
                              X