Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"The Race of Gentlemen " VINTAGE MOTORCYLE & HOT ROD RACES ON BEACH IN NJ THIS OCT.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The Race of Gentlemen " VINTAGE MOTORCYLE & HOT ROD RACES ON BEACH IN NJ THIS OCT.

TROGInspectionform.jpg1stAnnualROGcopy.jpgThought this was a Pretty cool event check it out if you like racing Vintage Motorcycles & Hot Rods on the Beach In New Jersey !!!
    Allenhurst NJ race Oct 20th, pre-party the 19th, bonfire and bands

LOOSE DETAILS,

Pre party on the beach night before race.
    Big top tent in the sand, bonfire too.
    Live bands to set this race off right!
    Booze on beach provided by Fire Co.
    *No outside alcohol is permitted into pits or on beach area*

RACE DETAILS,

Pre registraion required!!! Email at, theraceofgentlemen@yahoo.com
    Pre/post war autos, hop ups, and motorcycles. Oh, and a P-38 Tank.
    Non Sanctioned 1 mile race between beach jettys
    Award ceremony with pretty ladies, hand shakes by our two mayors, and flower wreaths.
    More details to come as I get them.
    Last edited by 45OZ; 08-31-2012, 09:18 AM.

ROG2.JPG
    ROG1.JPG
    Here are the Flyers This looks COOL AS S**T !!!!

Comment

The correct Email for pre-registration is Emailtheraceofgentlemen@yahoo.com (there was an extra M in the one Oz posted).

Looks like a BLAST!

Comment

Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
        The correct Email for pre-registration is Emailtheraceofgentlemen@yahoo.com (there was an extra M in the one Oz posted).

Looks like a BLAST!

The email is, theraceofgentlemen@yahoo.com

For all info on pre party, or pre-registration of Motorcycles for race, please use the email theraceofgentlemen@yahoo.com

All bikes or autos must be submitted for review. As of right now, all autos are pre war only. The latest car in the line up are 1934 Fords. Most are hopped up Model A's or T's. We also have an old SCTA Bonneville
        P-38 belly tank, flathead powered in the race. Most of the bikes seem to be from around 1927 to 40's Indian and HD's.

We are hoping for a bunch of earlier bikes to comit to race. Today we had a 1911 submit a pic and details for review. Exciting!

When else will you have a chance to run vintage iron on the sands like the old days? Get on it!!!

All the autos and bikes that are registered to run so far, are all period correct. No junk running at this show.

Please come enjoy the day with us for a special event that has yet to be seen on our East coast shores in a long time.

Comment

The pre-party in on Friday October 19th for anybody coming in early for the race on the 20th. Pre-party will be held on the beach at 8pm to 12 am. You may bring your own beer as long as it is an a can.

Saturday, day of race, there will be no outside alcohol promitted on beach, but it will be provided by the fire dept.

Comment

Hollywood, you have a PM. Lonnie
            Lonnie Campbell #9908
            South Cackalackey, U.S. of A.

Come see us at the Tenth Annual AMCA Southern National Meet - May 17-19, 2019 at Denton FarmPark, Denton, N.C.

Visit the website for vendor and visitor information at www.amcasouthernnationalmeet.com

Comment

Here's an update & Some more specifics From my Buddy Mel who is running this Very Cool Event :

From:Meldon V. R. Stultz.Oilers C.C. president. Friday night the 19th will be a pre-party on the beach in Allenhurst for entrants and spectators coming in early for the race on the 20th. Pre party starts at 8pm, with an instrumental 50's surf band and a bon fire on the beach in front of Allenhurst's private beach club, Oct 19th. The exhibition race will run on the 20th, and start at 10 am. We will race pre and post war hand shift only motorcycles and only pre-war autos. On the weekend of October 20th, the water recedes to its lowest point of the year; dead low will be at high noon. I am putting this show on with the permission of both the mayors of Allenhurst, and the bordering town of Loch Arbor, in Monmouth County, NJ. We will race from the North side of the Allenhurst jetty, south towards the Loch Arbor jetty. The summer season has come to a close and we will be preparing the beach for our big day. This will be our 1st event on the beach, but certainly not our last. The mayors and I wish to make this an annual event. This exhibition race will be called by a NHRA and ESPN announcer. All autos will race autos, four banger against four banger, flathead V8, vs. flathead V8. Mostly, Model T's and A's, and a few 32 and 34 Fords. All traditionally built and reviewed by me for the race. We do also have an original SCTA P-38 belly tank that will run as well. Motorcycles will also run by year and cubic inch. There will also be a car/bike show up on the street and in the beach parking lots. All entries must pre-register with me at the email address. We are asking for a digital picture, specs on the bike/autos, and driver/owners full name for review. While this is our 1st beach race, it is far from our 1st event. I have run many car/bike shows, and curated antique drag racing at Englishtown Raceway Park in the past. We hope to build this show into a very special event for the East Coast and hope to get as much involvement with the AMCA and AACA as possible. We wish this to be an Antique style event, not a modern day street rod or bike show. I belong to a car club called the Oilers, established in late 1946, early 1947. The club was founded by Jim Nelson of the famed company Dragmaster which put the first production dragster frame in the hands of the public to race at drag strips in their own backyards. Jim also worked hand in hand with Mr. Wally Parks and worked with the San Diego Timing Association, the SCTA, and the NHRA. Unfortunately we lost Jim last year. I am carrying out the tradition of the Oilers and curating old time race events. We would love to have any participation from the chapters we could, and would love to get the word out to our members. I have been able to tell some local AMCA members, but hope that you can help me pass the word.

Comment

I'll definitely be in on this with some period correctness. I gotta get my submissions in to Mel. I'm thinkin' a 46 knuckle and a 38 WLDR.

Comment

The race is on this weekend!
                  TROG_new_copy (1).jpg

Comment

It's a GO !!!!!! It will be a BLAST !! You can run ANY Tank shift bike it does not have to be a "RACE" bike, I'm gonna Run my 45 chief just for ****'s & giggles !!! who else are we gonna see here ??? This is a perfect event to show & run your early iron.
                    Oz

Comment

any parking or spectator admission info?
                      Thanks
                      Tom

Comment

Originally posted by tfburke3 View Post
                        any parking or spectator admission info?
                        Thanks
                        Tom
                        I was over Mel's today, they were working on all the cool vintage signage & the Checkerd 10' Pylons for the race lines & they look Great !!
                        here is All the info Mel has as of now mel's the guy setting this all up: Remember Fri Night is a Beach Party "FREE" with a band & Dj as well as being a "BYOB" event (Cans only on the beach no bottles) So
                        We are here to tell you about our newest and greatest event to date, the
                        Race of Gentlemen! If you liked Motorspeedway, the Race of Gentlemen will
                        have you on your toes! Those toes will be firmly planted in the sand on
                        the beaches of Allenhurst and Loch Arbour NJ on Oct 19 and 20th. Brought
                        to you by Mel Stultz and the Oilers car club, the Race of Gentlemen will
                        be everything that the events at Motorspeedway were only bigger, better,
                        and on the beach!
                        We've put together another 660ft of thrills, only this time with
                        motorcycles from 1910 to 1950 battling against each other along the
                        shoreline from Allenhurst to Loch Arbour. Late 1920's through 1934
                        automobiles, hop ups, and hot rods will join this motorcycle mayhem. Bike
                        against bike, car against car.
                        On Friday October 19th from 8pm to 11pm there will be a FREE pre-party to
                        the main event taking place on Saturday. Friday night the Swingin Neckbreakers
                        will play from 9pm to 10pm, with the rest of the music beinghandled by none
                        other than DJ Dehydrated Pirate. There will be a bon fire and the event is BYOB,
                        but we ask that you only bring alcohol in cans and please keep the beach clean.
                        Saturday October 20th is race day! Races start at 10am sharp. Onceagain it is a
                        BYOB event, cans only please. Pack up a lunch, a blanket, and the family and enjoy
                        the sights and sounds of vintage iron in 1/8th mile drag races on the sands of the Jersey
                        shore. There will be parking along Ocean Ave and in the Parking lot of the Allenhurst Beach
                        Club at Allen Ave. and Ocean Pl. for a car and motorcycle show. Admission is as follows:
                        Adults $20, Kids 18 and under $10, and Kids under 7 get in for free.

Direct any comments, or questions to:

THERACEOFGENTLEMEN@YAHOO.COM

Thank you so much for your support and we hope to see you at The Race of Gentlemen!

We don't put cars on the beach till Sat morning. Although it would look cool with the bon-fire and the Swingin Neckbreakers near.

The hard part is getting the cars on the beach from the street to the Jetty as of now. Our path of entrance rolls right along the Jetty and there is soft sand here. The tractors can only lightly scrape the top as the rocks protrude here and there through the sand. So we are laying down a **** ton of 3/4 inch plywood to make it easier.

This will be easy once plywood is down. My Oiler pal ran his flatty powered 30 roadster right through the soft stuff and made it back to the street. We just don't want any erratic driving going on if people are also exiting here.

We have also changed our plans a little.

Originally we had planned for a straight run just like a drag race. Early in the season we invisioned this as the center of the beach was real straight. Now we see that the beach has a nice natural curve coming from where you see that American flag on the end of the jetty. We will start right there and follow the naturally sweep along the shoreline. It makes for more fun really, and looks killer too!

Also some more good news.

Wind on Saturday is a west wind. Always good for SURF here on the East Coast, and even better for RACING!!!

Comment

Excuse me for my confusion , is this a roundy round , oval or straight line race , how many laps for the circular ?

joe

Comment

Originally posted by Slojo View Post
                            Excuse me for my confusion , is this a roundy round , oval or straight line race , how many laps for the circular ?

joe
                            Hey Joe ,
                            its a Straight 1/4 mile drag run down the beach, along the waterline at low tide, between the jetty's, if it goes well this will be an annual event here, There has been a lot of positive input from both towns & mayors.
                            Oz

Comment

Working...
                            X