1972 sportster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1972 sportster

can anyone tell me if a 1972 sportster is an AMF year my brother asked me what it was worth and I said that I thought it was an AMF year. need help!

Yes, 1972 is an AMF year. I think AMF took over in time for the 1970 model year ... Perry

Comment

Harley shareholders voted to merge on December 18, 1968. AMF shareholders approved the merger on January 7, 1969. It's well known that all cycles manufactured during AMF's ownership are completely worthless. I'm willing to come and pick up and dispose of any of them at no cost to the owner. Just contact me and we'll make arrangements.

Comment

Kojack, I am curious to know how many of these machines you have had to haul away for people since your post offering to do so. When you run out of room, I will accept a limited number of them here at my facility None of the two-strokes please, they sound bad and smell even worse. Kyle

Comment

You may find it hard to believe but I haven't heard from anyone yet. C'mon all you guys, surely you don't want all that AMF junk cluttering up your garages. Personally I think that pre-AMF Sportsters are kind of weak. The changes that AMF instituted made them far better bikes. I've owned 4 and still have 3 of them. I also have a '76 FLH and the only problem I've had with it so far is the chain wore out. It's the cheap AMF original no doubt.

Comment

Working...
          X