Motorcycle Cannonball 2012 - 3 Weeks and counting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motorcycle Cannonball 2012 - 3 Weeks and counting

We are a little over three wheeks for the start of the Motorcycle Cannonball start in Newburgh, NY. Pretty exciting stuff for most of us riders.

As I understand it, most of the bikes and riders will be there on Wednesday before we leave. All will be there on Thursday, and we leave around 9 am on Friday.
    Buzz Kanter
    Classic-Harley.Info Classic Harley History
    [Classic American Iron Forum Classic Harley Forum
    [American Iron Magazine Harley Magazine

Buzz, are you coming close to denver so a few of us can see the ride? Len.
    P.s. hows your leg doing?
    AMCA #765

Comment

Still building in perfromance modifications to the Ghost responsibilities getting in the way.

joe

Comment

I plan on coming down early Thursday staying over to watch you all leave on Friday just to meet everyone and get some pictures...then do the museum on Friday

Comment

Originally posted by IRONWOOD View Post
          I plan on coming down early Thursday staying over to watch you all leave on Friday just to meet everyone and get some pictures...then do the museum on Friday
          Hello all

My father came for a visit to California in the 70s and I took him on a short site seeing journey around Northern California and Western Nevada. He had never travelled more than about 60 miles from the village in the North of England where I was raised and where he lived most of his life.
          He was not interested in the shiny things we were enjoying but oh how he was taken breathless by the beautiful landscapes. From the magnificent Pacific Ocean and it's coast line to the farming lands of the central valley to the high Sierra Mountains, the Nevada Desert and the giant Redwoods.
          I don't think he ever quite got over the experience.
          Relatives would tell me that 25 years later at the age of ninety he was still describing the pictures and thoughts he had and still saw in his mind. Memories to last a life time.

He inspired me to do the same, and that is why I rode alone across America in 2010.
          The experience was the same and more.

We are about to do just about the same. I know a lot of you are up to your knees in alligators, and it's sometimes difficult to see the big picture but please take the time as you ride by yourself or with the crowd to think of this broad land and it's varied landscape with all of it's natural history and it's human history.
          I know it will leave us with life long memories, it will educate us, all in our own way. Not one of us will see the same scene, the same person, the same way, but it will impress us.

By the way. My mother made a single visit to America, she didn't see the same sights as my father,she had one simple goal, to say thank you to the people who had treated her son like a family member.
          My mother was blind, but she heard the people voices, and that was enough.

Ride safe

Victor

Comment

You paint quite the picture in words Victor. I think you see the journey for what it should be. Best wishes and safe travels to all the Cannonballers.
            Cory Othen
            Membership#10953

Comment

[QUOTE=10E;123676]Hello all

My father came for a visit to California in the 70s and I took him on a short site seeing journey around Northern California and Western Nevada. He had never travelled more than about 60 miles from the village in the North of England where I was raised and where he lived most of his life.
              He was not interested in the shiny things we were enjoying but oh how he was taken breathless by the beautiful landscapes. From the magnificent Pacific Ocean and it's coast line to the farming lands of the central valley to the high Sierra Mountains, the Nevada Desert and the giant Redwoods.
              I don't think he ever quite got over the experience.
              Relatives would tell me that 25 years later at the age of ninety he was still describing the pictures and thoughts he had and still saw in his mind. Memories to last a life time.

He inspired me to do the same, and that is why I rode alone across America in 2010.
              The experience was the same and more.

We are about to do just about the same. I know a lot of you are up to your knees in alligators, and it's sometimes difficult to see the big picture but please take the time as you ride by yourself or with the crowd to think of this broad land and it's varied landscape with all of it's natural history and it's human history.
              I know it will leave us with life long memories, it will educate us, all in our own way. Not one of us will see the same scene, the same person, the same way, but it will impress us.

By the way. My mother made a single visit to America, she didn't see the same sights as my father,she had one simple goal, to say thank you to the people who had treated her son like a family member.
              My mother was blind, but she heard the people voices, and that was enough.

Ride safe

Victor[
              great words.. very humbleing.
              gww57.com

Comment

Originally posted by len dowe View Post
                Buzz, are you coming close to denver so a few of us can see the ride? Len.
                P.s. hows your leg doing?
                My torn Achilles seems to be healing nicely and I get stronger every day. I will ride on this event, but need to be careful not to do damage. Thanks for asking. The route, as best we know it, is posted on www.motorcyclecannonball.com.
                Buzz Kanter
                Classic-Harley.Info Classic Harley History
                [Classic American Iron Forum Classic Harley Forum
                [American Iron Magazine Harley Magazine

Comment

Working...
                X