Flanders Risers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flanders Risers

Does anybody know the application of these risers. The bottom thread is 3/4" x 16tpi.

Jerry

I've got a set almost like that on my EL.

I'll post some pix.

They were a popular accessory in the '50s '60s. Brass. Nicely made.

Where did your set come from?

Cheers,

Sirhr

Comment

Jerry, Those are part of a Triumph set. The lower portion they screw into was a large U shaped loop that clamped into the stock triumph clamps and fit on a nacelle equipped bike. All early Triumphs used 1" bars. I have made custom units out of those in the past. Interested in trading them ? I have the lower half!
      Robbie
      Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Mechanic

I have no idea where they may have come from. I have been buying parts for 35 years and whenever I got a piece of Flanders stuff I would throw it in a 5 gallon pail. I was looking to build a set for my 1925 JD Cannonball bike and was digging thru the pail.

Robbie I guess I am not interested in selling them. I am 6' 4" tall and fit very few bikes with rigid bars. I have been building my own sets of risers for many years.

I would only consider trading them for an equivalent set of Flanders risers that I could make something out of as long as you have the other half.

Jerry
        Last edited by Jerry Wieland; 08-12-2012, 09:08 PM.

Comment

I have a couple of the Limey lowers. 7/8 tube. Are you interested?
          Be sure to visit;
          http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
          Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
          Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Jerry,
            I have built some for VL/RL type forks just using 7/8ths tubing (old handle bars) and inserting in the legs. Here is a set on my WR Hillclimb project with a B single fork.
            Robbie
            Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Working...
            X