Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch pushrod question??? 4 speed

Hello All,
    Wondering if the clutch pushrod should go through the early style throwout bearing and into the clutch release finger? The new clutch pushrod (ordered for correct year) does not go all the way through the throwout bearing. See pictures. The new pushrod is farthest from the throwout bearing in the first picture. The old clutch pushrod is in place in the throwout bearing in second picture.

Thanks!!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by harley1; 08-07-2012, 06:26 PM.

I’m not in the shop right now but the clutch rod with the long nose looks like the early 36 style. All the ones on my 48 and up have the one you were sent. I got to look in the morning when I start working for Obama’s leaches. Bob L
    AMCA #3149
    http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

Well it's not the early one as it dosn't have the C clip groove on the end. The other one in the picture is oem out of my 48. I havn't got an ansewer on this one. Bob L
      Attached Files
      AMCA #3149
      http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

Thanks for the info Bob! There is a slot in the clutch release finger that looks like the clutch pushrod should fit into. Also the old pushrod appears to have worn through the hole in the throwout bearing so it is hard to know how it should all go together.

Good day!

Comment

The rod with the pin helps hold everything together during assembly.

Comment

pushrod

the top pushrod goes for the pancake bearing. The cone bearing fits into the clutch finger and mounts with the cover with the bottom pictured rod. I could use the top rod if you don't need it. Len.
            Last edited by len dowe; 08-11-2012, 10:10 AM.
            AMCA #765

Comment

Thanks Len, If I don't need it I will let you know.

Comment

Panheads have the blunt style of pushrod. The skinny nose type with circlip groove is from the mid 70s retro fit kits.
                VPH-D

Comment

Working...
                X