The Ultimate Old Motorcycle Ride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Ultimate Old Motorcycle Ride

Ron Fellowes, also known as oldblokeonabike.com has travelled across Australia, Nepal, India, Pakistan, Iran, Turkey, Bulgaria, and Hungary so far, all on a 1910 single speed FN four. The worst roads have been conquered, and he is on his way to Belgium, where FNs were built via Slovenia, The Czech Republic, and Germany. Then the bike will be shipped to the UK for a bit of well needed maintenance. He tells me that having gone that far, he might as well cross the USA in 2013, and make it a round world trip. Ron is almost 70.
    He wants to attend US events and visit collectors, particularly those with FNs. Motorcyclepedia has one, the Barber museum has one, Urban Hirsch III has one, and I have one, but I know there are a few more. Anyone out there have an FN four or single?
    The tentative plan is to start at Motorcylepedia, visit Rhinebeck, and hit as many AMCA events as possible en route. Any ideas would be appreciated.
    Pete Gagan

Hi Pete,
    I have a 4 cylinder 1907 FN. It's not ready to hit the road, but mostly complete. Ron would be welcome for a visit if his trip takes him through Memphis. I have quite a stash of FN parts ... well, it's actually bar stock, but I'm sure there are FN parts hiding in there some where.

John Casteras also had a 4 cyl 07. Haven't spoken with John in a while but I assume he still has. Harry Buck had a 4 cyl '12 (i think). Not sure who wound up with that. Doc Patt also had one. Not sure where it landed either.

Calvin Burnett
    Calvin

Comment

Thanks for the info, Calvin. I don't remember Doc having an FN. I have his Pierce. Didn't you have your FN entered in the Century race a few years back? Maybe we can get Ron there.
      Pete

Comment

Working...
      X