Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oct Maggie Valley Road Run

Hello everyone,
    I very much wish to go this event but money has become much tighter than i'd like and i am seeking to share a motel room at the 'host' motel. Heck, i'll sleep on a roll in extra bed if needed. I live in Marietta Ohio, right off I-77 at the West Virginia border and would also consider ganging up with another for the trip, i have a big open trailer and a fat old chevy station wagon to tow it with. Just got my '37 ULH Bobber this Spring and would love to do this event. Help?! 740-538-4746
    bob wark

Originally posted by warkshop View Post
    Hello everyone,
    I very much wish to go this event but money has become much tighter than i'd like and i am seeking to share a motel room at the 'host' motel. Heck, i'll sleep on a roll in extra bed if needed. I live in Marietta Ohio, right off I-77 at the West Virginia border and would also consider ganging up with another for the trip, i have a big open trailer and a fat old chevy station wagon to tow it with. Just got my '37 ULH Bobber this Spring and would love to do this event. Help?! 740-538-4746
    bob wark
    I can't forget the run in Durango CO in 93, there was this guy who crawled up from the river (adjacent to Hotel) each morning, and aired out his sleeping bag in the parking lot. Not sure if he made the banquet, but he rode with everybody else, yukked it up with everybody, maybe even tagged a ride on somebody else's trailer (maybe he rode there), .. but I'll bet he got by as cheap as anybody, and probably had as much fun!
    Gene Harper was chief host, so I don't think it was him, but he should have given an award for "cheapest guest".
    (Hi Gene, remember him?)

Comment

I understand Phil meant his post well, no offense taken. Good story actually, if the guy rode there then damn good on him. But understand. i'm not a poverty case and won't be sleeping down by the river. Just trying get with someone else to share lodging expense, i can afford to pay my way. I'll be at the banquet. I'm a newbie in the club and so do not have the network most of you do. Just so i'm not such an unknown here is my website, check me out, i don't have cooties! honest! warkshop.com,,,bob wark

Comment

it's good to share gas money we all know it cost a lot to cross the usa. i don't think anybody will frown if you sleep by the brook at the wheels through time. in fact you may need to fight for a spot.
        rob ronky #10507
        www.diamondhorsevalley.com

Comment

Originally posted by rwm View Post
          it's good to share gas money we all know it cost a lot to cross the usa. i don't think anybody will frown if you sleep by the brook at the wheels through time. in fact you may need to fight for a spot.
          last time they had this maggie valley run there was nice campground right down the street one of my friends said there was a 39 $ hotel nearby paul g bergeron 7989

Comment

Nancy and i have decided we'll find the $ to pull this off. So i won't need to be doing any sharing. Thanks for your consideration. The AHRMA folks have a 'Ride Share' section on their website for members, anyone think that could find some traction with this club? Travel expenses are quite large these days. bob wark

Comment

Bob, I went on my 1st run last year in KY. I went there by myself not knowing anyone. I left with 4 good friends and met many other great people. I am already sharing a room but if you can make it work, you will find a roommate for next year. Also , the hotels in Maggie Valley are very reasonable. We will be on a 37EL bobber and 33VL. Hope to see you there.
              Bob Selph
              1933VC/1934LT Sidecar
              1940 Sport Scout
              AMCA#15215

Comment

Thanks Bob!,
                My first Road Run was last years KY run, i loved it! I appreciate the offer down the road,,,i'll be on my black '37 ULH Bobber with,,,wait for it,,,green wheels! Hard to miss! Is it Oct yet?! hahaha
                bob wark,,,SE Ohio

Comment

I am trying to find out more info on this road run and I need to start making plans if I can make it or not. I have not seen any flyers/ads or any other information on it in the AMCA magazine. Did I miss the info in an issue?, it's possible. Can anyone send me info on the road run in October? I have never been on any road run before. I have 3 different bikes that qualify for it, so "if" I come, can I pick and choose from all 3? OR am I 'limited' on the one I register? Also... last question, "IF" I come, can I bring a buddy that does not belong to the AMCA?

Thanks for any info!

Jim
                  Jim

AMCA #6520

Comment

Jim,
                    On the bottom of the page is a link to the AMCA homepage, click on it, click on events, and contact info is there.
                    Road runs are the best part of the AMCA as far as I am concerned. Riding old iron with a bunch of like minded guys is a kick. You can ride any bike you like as long as it is 35 years old. Some folks take more than one and ride different ones on different days. Normally guests are allowed, they just cannot attend the RR events such as the banquet (however in most cases if you purchase an extra banquet ticket you can give it to who you want), or qualify for prizes. But they can ride along and are encouraged to check out the ride. How else to get folks to join!
                    Robbie

"
                    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Thanks for the info Rob, I sent an email at the contact link.

Jim
                      Jim

AMCA #6520

Comment

Working...
                      X