Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wauseon Camping

How is the camping at Wauseon ?

We have a large open camping area and some new motor home sites. Motor home sites have water and electric, open camping has some electric. Not much shade in camping areas, bring your own. Thanks for the inquiry. Fred.
    Fred Davis AMCA #9176

Comment

If the grass is kept low it is great, otherwise bugs will eat you alive--just googled the weather-supposed to be 83-88--much cooler than where I'm from

Comment

The grass is all burned up and low. The bugs, haven't been too bad (no standing water for mosquito breeding grounds). I hear it is supposed to rain Wednesday but the ground is so dry, I don't think that it will be as humid as it has been in the past years. Also the temperature is going to be lower than it has been around here lately. Ohio has been a scorcher this summer. It feels like living in the desert hot, sunny and dry.
        Denise

Comment

I went past the fairgrounds last week and Denise has got it right. Camping will be great this year. Even though it’s been really hot during the day time this summer, the evenings almost always cool off into the mid 60’s. Good sleeping weather.

Edited: I also wanted to remind everyone coming on two wheels to watch out for deer. They have been a real problem for cycles this year, even on the turnpike.
          Last edited by Ohio-Rider; 07-17-2012, 03:55 PM.
          ------------
          Steve
          AMCA #7300

Comment

Working...
          X