The Wauseon National turns 30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Wauseon National turns 30

River Valley, Ohio Valley, Maumee Valley and Lake Erie Chapter are looking forward to hosting the 30th Annual Wauseon National Meet, July 20-22.
    As of this morning we have 576 vending spaces rented to 325 vendors. So, by Friday afternoon we will be at a near sell-out. Though, we will accommodate all that show up.
    Just got conformation today that Christine Sommers-Simmons will be at
    Booth 188 & 189 , GT Motors, on Friday only from 8am to 5pm, sighing her new book and talking with fans.
    The Friday evening races should be the best yet. With a record number of Board Track machines and a few surprises.
    Meetings, seminars, parade, field games and shopping til you drop are on tap for Saturday. Plus lots more. The Saturday evening Banquet will feature a Social Hour at 6pm and the best dinner on the AMCA National schedule.
    A large field of bikes is expected for the Sunday morning Judging. If you would like to give judging a try, sign up for the Apprentice Judging Program, you may know more than you think.
    See you there.
    Fred Davis AMCA #9176

Fred,

I've been there for 20 of those 30 years, and have enjoyed every single one of them. Looking forward to this years events as always!!! Best part of Ohio's summer!!!

Tony

Comment

Hope the GARBAGE CREW is on duty this year few years ago my garbage can was so overflowing so bad it was never pick up the whole weekend and bee`s where buzzing all over my swapmeet spot on the back row,

Comment

Fred,

Thanks for all the work you guys do to make Wauseon a great meet, because great meets don't happen all by themselves. I'm hoping to get there a little early, and help out if I can.

Flathead Tom, how many years are you going to beat that dead horse? Rather than complaining, I suggest you bring a couple extra trash bags for the overflow, and some bee spray, so if there is a problem you are not helplessly terrorized by bees.

Comment

Originally posted by fabercycle View Post
          Fred,

Flathead Tom, how many years are you going to beat that dead horse? Rather than complaining, I suggest you bring a couple extra trash bags for the overflow, and some bee spray, so if there is a problem you are not helplessly terrorized by bees.
          Hey Faber

Carefull tough guy.

joe

Comment

Joe,

Nuthin' tuff about it. It's just easier on everyone to "pitch in" rather than pick on the volunteer crew.

Comment

I think Mr. Faber has the right attitude. I hope you all get the most out of Wauseon!!!
              Cory Othen
              Membership#10953

Comment

I was being facetious, can't anyone take a joke once in a while?

joe

Comment

I have had the privilege of attending all the National Meets this year except the Viking Chapter meet. I personally observed most of the volunteers who made these meets a success. Much of the work is done before the start of the meet. A few bees and an occasional overflowing garbage can are small price to pay for a volunteer run National Meet system for the best antique motorcycle organization in the world. 2012 is the year of the Volunteer in the AMCA. Please make an effort to thank all the volunteers at Wauseon and at all remaining National Meets and Road Runs. And don't forget to thank the vendors for traveling to the meets in spite of a tough economy and high gas prices. Thanks in advance to Fred Davis and all his meet committee volunteers.
                  Richard
                  Richard Spagnolli
                  AMCA #6153

Comment

as long as I know it is one........It's hard to detect in written print Joe.

If anyone needs trash bags or bee spray at the meet, We have extra, and I'm always willing to help them out too. ......Seriously.

Comment

it helps to put a smiley face after a comment.

Originally posted by Slojo View Post
                      I was being facetious, can't anyone take a joke once in a while?

joe
                      AMCA 26656

47EL
                      47WL

Comment

Will move the garbage can by the faber cycle spot and let the bee`s sting him he is not too far away from my spot !
                        HE HE HE have a great day lets have chris haynes with the bug spray after he blowes it out at the bathroom with no toilet papper !!!???!!!!????

Comment

Wow! There's a bit of a 'tude. . . . Oh yeah, almost forgot the smiley face thing
                          Eric Smith
                          AMCA #886

Comment

We are always looking for judges as well as apprentice judges. Sign up if you can, I will be working Friday morning at registration, glad to give the lowdown on how things work. Denise

Comment

I think the heat is getting to all the members

Comment

Working...
                              X