O'Keefe Vintage Show 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O'Keefe Vintage Show 2012

Last Friday I departed for the annual historic O'Keefe Ranch near Vernon, British Columbia. For quite a few years now this has been my early summer motorsickle destination. Some years have an enormous turnout and others are rather modest but there is always a good vibe with old friends.

The journey over was a solo one and I couldn't have asked for a better ride.... The traffic was nuts at times but I was determined not to get caught up in it. The engine is broken in on the '48 now and it can actually haul the mail!!! While preparing for the trip, I just stacked the tools that I used on the floor beside the bike and gathered them up when I was done and took them with me. All that and I used the sum total of three tools all weekend. An allen wrench, an open end to check the tranny level and a pair of pliers to re-string the wayward kickstand spring! Oh well... it's always far better to have more tools than one needs.

Here is the Pan parked at the top of Roger's Pass.

I didn't take a lot of pictures this year but here's what I've got.....

I was stoked to the '12 single but man... the ACE was sweet!!!!

Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

On Sunday a group of us headed east together. Here's a shot of the two old bikes in the group.... A friend of mine owns the Chief and I've always thought it was cool. I'll tell you one thing.. it's popular with the general public. After awhile he was pointing his finger at me when we were asked who owned it. I would just grin and wander over and explain the bike to them. Best question on the road: "Is that Indian a new one or one of those reproductions?"

Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

Comment

Wow looks like a good turnout of vintage machinery. Thanks for posting Cory. What was the bike going thru the burning wall. I friend of mine used to do that in the 70's when he worked for a Thrill Show that toured the Midwest and played at all the local fairs.

Jerry
      Last edited by Jerry Wieland; 07-09-2012, 10:22 PM.

Comment

Glad you liked the photos Jerry. The bike crashing through the wall is a bit of an abomination as it's a Harley 45 with an Indian Scout engine!!! The rider mentioned to me on the weekend that I was going to have to take over the reins one of these years. I think it would be fun to try.
        Cory Othen
        Membership#10953

Comment

Right on Cory, well done and great photo's! The Panhead looks great on that mountain pass !

Comment

cool pics man! nice to see mike made it out to it...

Comment

Thanks Tom. The bike is only sparkly because my wife shined it up pretty prior to me leaving. She cleans up my bikes in the spring and I get them dirty....
              Cory Othen
              Membership#10953

Comment

Originally posted by gary.h View Post
                cool pics man! nice to see mike made it out to it...
                Yeah, Mike took the southern route and rolled in just before me. That Chief just seems to run better and better every year. His only pitfall was a broken muffler clamp. He MacGyvered it up and was good to go.
                Cory Othen
                Membership#10953

Comment

Great pics Cory and the 48 looks awesome.

Comment

As a fellow '48 owner, your bike is looking great and I'm glad to hear it's running so well. You live a beautiful part of the world Cory, and that must contribute to your wonderful personality Thanks for posting the pictures.
                    Eric Smith
                    AMCA #886

Comment

Originally posted by cdndewey View Post
                      Great pics Cory and the 48 looks awesome.
                      Thanks Dewey!!

Originally posted by exeric View Post
                      As a fellow '48 owner, your bike is looking great and I'm glad to hear it's running so well. You live a beautiful part of the world Cory, and that must contribute to your wonderful personality Thanks for posting the pictures.
                      Thanks Eric, the bike just keeps getting a little better every year. I still have a list of stuff I want to do to it but for now as long as it hauls me around I'm happy. If things go right I might be able to make it to a club road run fairly soon and I'll try and take lots of pictures......
                      Cory Othen
                      Membership#10953

Comment

Cory

You pulled off a great run Congratulations you should be proud.

The 12 is nice,,, no clutch. I prefer the no clutch look, light weight without the complications. Nothing is cooler than a spinning belt / pulley while sitting still with a Freewheel !

joe

Comment

Thanks Joe. I'm with you on that '12. It was in "fresh" never ran condition. I would have kinda liked to hear it!!
                          Cory Othen
                          Membership#10953

Comment

Great report Cory. Sorry I couldnt be there, family reunion. You spent a lot of time submitting and describeing the pics etc. Good work Cory and glad the 48 ran so well for you...
                            Joe AMCA# 3435

Comment

Hi Cory. Marvelous pictures.
                              Your in late summer over there and that mountain peak still has snow on it.
                              I will take a guess and say there won't be any motorbikes in that car park during winter.
                              Can I ask what is you'r camera?
                              Steve Little
                              Upper Yarra Valley. Victoria.
                              Australia.
                              AMCA member 1950

Comment

Working...
                              X