Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Extra! Read all about it! Young Matt Olsen takes Best of Show Honors at Born Free 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extra! Read all about it! Young Matt Olsen takes Best of Show Honors at Born Free 4

Saturday June 30th young Matt Olsen previewed a fabulous Knuckle bobjob at one of the best custom bike shows on the plant, Born free 4 held at the Oak Canyon Ranch in Irvine, California. Against the best "by invitation only" custom builders available today Matt won Best of Show and a ticket to take himself and the Knuckle to the Mooneyes custom car and bike show in Yokohoma, Japan at the end of this year. That'll make a nice honeymoon for Brittney and him as they hitch the wagon in less than two weeks. If you haven't seen the Knuckle it's a sight to behold and for the first time out of the box Matt deserves a big "job well done!" P.S. You should have seen the competition. One word, STIFF!
    DrSprocket

Well... it sounds as though congrats are in order for Matt!!! I'm sure he had quite the array of stunning machines to compete with! I followed the build on his blog. It sure looked like he was turning out a winner!!!
    Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

Comment

Visited Matt's blog. Very nice. I suddenly have a need for one of those painted leather jacket patches... or to send in a jacket to US Air Art....

Tried to post a picture of his bike, but looks like his Blog images are protected.

But if you visit this link: http://theshinyside.blogspot.de/ you will find a very nice picture of his bike. Beautifully done machine. Balance, proportion, etc. Well done!

Cheers,

Sirhr

Comment

How about some pictures!
        Louie
        FaceBook >>>Modern Antique Cycle
        Blog Site >>> http://louiemcman.blogspot.com/
        YouTube >>> LouieMCman

Comment

I will try to post

553336_467680826578456_821634222_n.jpg
          AMCA 26656

47EL
          47WL

Comment

Congrats Matt,
            Now that you are becoming a rock star in the Bike community dont forget us little folks!
            Bob

Comment

Even cooler than Matt taking the top award was riding in, throwing down the sidestand, and having Stanley Miller standing in front of me alive and very well thank you with his '36 knuckle parked behind him all the way from the great state of Texas. It doesn't get any better. Last time I seen him was at the Kentucky road run just before his space dispute with the deer. By the way there is so much going on with Matt's knuckle all the mods are hard to find. Almost nothing has been left stock but they all flow together to make it look like just another great bobjob. Great skills for such a young man.
              DrSprocket

Comment

Stanley called and told me the news about Matt while it was happening, thanks pal, then he had a bunch of AMCA members shout out great job Uncle Carl. I am so proud of my son and have been for many years, I will tell him to take it to Wauseon so other members can enjoy it, hopefully he does not enter it in judging as it is an instant DQ, but was a blast to build, put our heads together, and problem solve all the little details and features. I suppose we are due for a name change from Carl's Cycle to Matt's Choppers..............NOT. We are still doing restorations also, but this was was a refreshing break from the norm and enhanced our fabrication skills enormously.
                Carl
                http://www.carlscyclesupply.com

Comment

I hope Matt rides it to Wauseon so I can look see.
                  Congratulations Matt, excellent job. I guess this is quite the year for him & Brittney.
                  We all understand the importance of restoring these historical machines accurately & appreciate the fine work you do Carl. I also understand the creative freedom of a custom build. What I love about this bike is at a glance you don't see all the creativity. It still has the personality of a vintage bike.
                  I've always enjoyed watching the progress of bikes coming out of Carl's Cycles, now its even better.
                  Bob

Comment

Excellant, EXCELLANT job.
                    Matt, you are too modest.
                    Carl, YOU should be proud.
                    This is what keeps the fire burning.
                    Wayne Feltham #4329

Comment

Conrats to both you Olsen's.You two always remind me of all the fun we should be having with old bikes.Nice to hear Stanley M is doing alright.He has more fun with that 36 than half the country.
                      Ross

Comment

Great Job Matt it was nice to see it being built in person....hope to see you and it in Ohio.
                        Jarl Rue
                        Omaha Chapter
                        38ULH
                        62FL, 68FLH

Comment

as one of the co-founders of the Born-Free Show we were blown away and very lucky to have Matt build such an awesome bike for our show! There were many very neat motorcycles there, but Matt's bike was the one we had to pick for Best In Show and yes wins a trip for him and the bike to Yokohama, Japan and back for the Mooneyes show.
                          In the world of old custom motorcycles, i think Matt's bike has flipped a lot of jockey lids and is helping bring more of an old flavor to builders minds and getting younger guys to pay more attention to older machines.
                          Anyway, thanks again Matt and all those that enjoyed it at the show!

Here is a short video he did leading up to our show, enjoy.
                          love old bikes from stock to modified? www.bornfreeshow.com
                          Mark you calendars for June 28 and 29, 2014 for Born-Free 6! At Oak Canyon Ranch, in Silverado, California.

Currently in the stable:
                          1937 UL
                          1938 FL
                          1942 FL
                          1951 EL
                          1968 FLH
                          1978 Shovel

Comment

Working...
                          X