Looking for carb parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for carb parts

Can anybody provide a parts source for antique Tillotson carburators? I have a brass body Model V, N 1 and
    need a float bowl cover. Circa 1920/30's I believe. Checked all over the web with no results. Talked to a pattern maker
    with no luck. Next move I guess is to talk to a machinist. It's so small and simple I would think a good machinist could
    duplicate it. I hope.

Thanks

Dick

Does the V-series go on a motorcycle? http://www.discount-marine-parts.com/tillotson_v.html
    and here is their N series: http://www.discount-marine-parts.com/tillotson_n.html
    Last edited by 23JDCA 808; 06-23-2012, 09:32 AM.
    Bill Gilbert in Oregon

Comment

Can you post a picture?
      Eric Smith
      AMCA #886

Comment

Originally posted by 23JDCA 808 View Post
        This is not the original carb. I'm not even sure it will work. Maybe that is why the motor is in such good shape!
        I will contact the link you gave me. That sure sounds like a winner to me.

My carb is complete with original cork float. It looks like somebody grafted it to the motor and it should work.
        I have the magneto out getting recharged now so hopefully I can get it running by end of the summer.

Thanks a lot

Dick
        Attached Files

Comment

What are you putting together, Indian, Harley or ...? Your money will be best spent putting a more original carb on there.
          Bill Gilbert in Oregon

Comment

Hi Bill, I realize that the correct carb would be better but right now I want to see if I can get the motor running with the carb that was on it when I bought it. It is a Mar Tan motor made in Milwaukee starting 1922. It is a prorietary motor based on Perry Mack's "Mack Motor"/"Waverley Motor" but with improvements such a self-aligning ball bearings. The owners manual said it came with a Tillotson model T-8A. I would dearly want one of those too. But you could order your motor with any carb or ignition system you wanted. I took the motor to a hit & miss show/swapmeet and only 2 people had ever heard of Mar Tan. I thank my lucky stars that it came with a good magneto. Thanks to Bill I now hopefully have a parts source for the carb.

Dick

Comment

Originally posted by pem View Post
              ...The owners manual said it came with a Tillotson model T-8A. I would dearly want one of those too. But you could order your motor with any carb or ignition system you wanted....
              http://www.discount-marine-parts.com/tillotson_t.html
              And, doing a Google search for Tillotson T-8A gives lots of links to pour through:
              http://www.google.com/#hl=en&output=...w=1024&bih=629
              Keep up posted on this project. What frame are you going to put it in?
              Last edited by 23JDCA 808; 06-24-2012, 05:46 PM.
              Bill Gilbert in Oregon

Comment

Thanks Bill. I have no plans to put the motor in any bike frame. It's a piece of history from Wisconsin and I am
                going to keep it original.

Dick

Comment

Originally posted by pem View Post
                  Thanks Bill. I have no plans to put the motor in any bike frame. It's a piece of history from Wisconsin and I am
                  going to keep it original.

Dick
                  Dick, I applaud you for the direction you are taking. Getting it running and enjoying it as is sounds like a good idea.
                  Cory Othen
                  Membership#10953

Comment

Thanks Cory, I took the carb apart today and it is complete and not too badly worn. Thanks to Bill I found a parts source
                    at Discount-parts-source. Really appreciate the info Bill! Nice people to deal with, fair shipping costs, they know what
                    they are talking about and they had the float bowl cover and the float I needed. Who new! They might be able to put a
                    rebuild kit together for me for my Tillotson too. Waiting to hear from them. They gave a handfull of leads to look for
                    the T-8A but all were dead end.

Dick

Comment

Working...
                    X