Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYC's Gotham Motorcycle Classic

GOTHAM MOTORCYCLE CLASSIC!
    Well, we going to do it again October 9 and 10, 2004 on the Intrepid aircraft carrier in New York City.
    Last year we had a couple of hundred newer Harleys and about a dozen AMCA type bikes. Let's get some more this year and show them where their bikes came from! Jeff Butz brought some great Indians, and a few other guys brought Pan and Shovels, but we need more!
    Visit www.GothamMC.com for more info. I'll be there and I'm bringing a few classic bikes, hope you do too.
    Buzz Kanter - American Iron Magazine.

Military Bike Profile

Once again we will be offering all military and police bikes the chance to display on the actual deck of the Intrepid aircraft carrier.

This is an amazing opportunity, and it is open only to military and police bikes of all ages.

Comment

gotham show

hay Buzz great show last year (WWI triumph) but maby you need 2 price structures for the show entry, to get the antique bike guys to show as we are not their to push a product or sell a bike. I was planing on bringing 3 bikes in 2004 to beter represent the early stuff but 300$ is a lot to me and then 56.00 per day to park I guess Im just poor , sorry to compain about a great show . John

Comment

The big question is.. WHY would I pay to show my bike? I can show it for free. I feel that somebody should pay me to look at my bike, especially under the circumstances. Hope you don't miss me at the "meet".

Comment

Good idea to encourage military bikes (there are plenty of Softails there already). I'll discuss it with our team and see what we can do.

Would AMCA members respond to a lower rate, especially for multiple bikes?

As for "paying to show our bikes" that's not what it's all about. We charge the same price for admission to the Intrepid museum the days of the show as they charge every other day, and we throw the bike show, vendors and more FREE.

Comment

NY gotham show

Thanks Buzz, honestly I set up mostly at car shows they tend to have a policy of 1920 and earlier is free as most car shows are starting to become modern street class( brand new cars)and an old car is a 75 nova, bike shows are starting to become the same,if I did not see my first camelback indian at a car show when I was five years old I might just collect stamps today, well you know what i mean. John

Comment

LOWERED PRICES & SOME FREE

You asked for it, ans we listened! We have negotiated a deal with the Intrepid aircraft people to lower the bike show entry fees.

Last year all bikes were $100 to register. Not any more!

All military and police bikes with appropriate markings will be registered FREE with regular paid 2-day admission.

Pre-1980 "classic" bikes (mild modifications are OK, but not choppers or radicals - unless they are racers) will now cost $35 for the first bike (including a $20 2-day pass and an event T-shirt), and $10 each for the next 3 bikes from the same owner.

Customs will cost $50 for the first bikes (including a $20 2-day pass and a T-shirt) and up to 3 more by the same owner for $25 each.

Now that we have slashed the prices, we sure hope a lot more AMCA members show theit stuff! Besides, we are going to photograph an number of your bikes to feature in American Iron Magazine.

Buzz Kanter - Editor-in-Chief, American Iron Magazine

Comment

thanks my wallet thanks you as well John

Comment

Good job Buzz.

Who owns the yella SS bob on the Kendon Industries lift? HUH- Huh- HUh- WHO? It's pretty neat and I'd like to see some detail shots if possible. Left side. Anything kicking around from that shoot? If possible could you get your over-worked production designer to email me a few jpegs? Much appreciated. Or just steer me in the right direction.

Comment

That's my Indian 30.50 bobjob. We built it and featured it in American Iron Magazine a couple of years ago. I don't ride it any more as I find it a bit small for me. It is on display at our offices. Buzz

Comment

THX Buzz- If I'm ever blasting up the other coast I'll PH ahead and set something up.

Comment

Gotham M/C Classic & Buzz Kanter

Buzz,
                        You never know where you will find inspiration. Thought I would take time to post Buzz a thanks for getting me involved with antique bikes. I have never met Buzz. I was riding modern HD's when I came across Buzz's build of the Indian Scout bobber in American Iron. Doing some research on Indians, I came across buzz's name in some Indian magazines. I was truly inspired. I loved that bobber so much, I found and restored a 1942 Indian 741 but I didn't have the heart to bobb it. I then sold it to a local so I could purchase a larger HD. I bought and then bobbed a 1942 WLA. Talk about a dependable scoot. I have been hooked on Flatties since. I will ride it to the Gotham Classic this year. I have since restored a 1941 U and a 1944 U. All that because I was fascinated with a story about a bobbed Scout and an article from a guy I still haven't met. All you guys keep up the good work. You never know who or when you will influence someone else. Hey Buzz, maybe this year I'll finally get to meet ya and thank you in person;at the Gotham Classic... Check out the pic of the bobber...... Lenny

Comment

Well you better show up at the Gotham then. I'll be there and, believe it or not, I'll bring an Indian 741 in military trim. Not the bobber, which I still have and sometimes consider actually selling, but an olive drab 741 that came back to the US after a few decades in England.
                          Ask the crew to point me out and stop by an say hi. I am amazed how many people we have shown how fun the classic bikes are over the years. And flathead Indians are some of my favorites.
                          And, if ya miss my new 741 at the Intrepid aircraft carrier, we'll be running a feature on it in American Iron Magazine next spring.

Buzz

Comment

NY GOTHAM CLASSIC

Buzz,
                            I'll be there riding a 1942 WLA Bobber...All Black....You can't miss it...Black on black with a hand grenade shifter....You are right about influencing people. I taught my friend to ride the hand shifters and he has now purchased a 1937 ULH to restore...You gotta love the Flatties...If your ever in
                            Washington, DC. Feel free to look me up....Lenny

Comment

Well, the Gotham Motorcycle Classic (www.GothamMC.com) October 9 and 10 on NYC's Intrepis aircraft carrier is sold out for vendors and show bikes. We have well over 100 bikes pre-registered and that's about all we can fit safely.
                              The only excpetions will be military and police bikes with their markings.
                              Even if you can't bring a bike, I hope lots of AMCA members attend.
                              Next year's Gotham Motorcycle Classic will still be on the Intrepid, but the date has been moved forward to April 16 and 17, 2005. Mark your calanders and send in your bike registration early

Comment

Working...
                              X