Thoughts Of Harmony!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts Of Harmony!

I’ve had Harmony on the mind for weeks. It beats me why the thought keeps popping up. I would really like to see this meet return. I know there were many reasons for its demise but at the same time in my head I can come up with more reasons why it should return. Weather played a big factor. So why not have it in October. It’s a local meet, so I don’t see people planning their vacation schedule around it. October no rain or heat. You guys got any thought on this. Bob L
    AMCA #3149
    http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

I love the idea of a Harmony, NJ meet again! I miss it too and would support its return.

AMCA # 2645

Comment

I live about a mile from harmony fairgrounds. Once in a while I get on my sport scout and go by the fairgrounds. Sometimes the back gate is open and I go in and take a lap around. I pretend it is 1984 again and im an 8 yr old kid riding my bicycle around. I can still see the colonial chapter members sitting in the t shirt booth. The slow race taking place on the infield. I can see vendors that had the same spot for over two decades. I can see doc pat handing out trophys over by those nasty bathrooms. I can see the road run getting lined up and ready to take off.Over in the corner I remember a guy who had a restored 48 chief for sale for 6 grand and no one bought it. I can see my father and my uncles dragging piles of rusty junk back to the van with huge smiles on their faces. I was only a kid and couldnt understand for the life of me what was so fun about buying that junk. I just wanted to go to the food stand and buy another hot dog. I understand now. I have spent allot of time thinking about how to make it happen again. Unfortunately I dont think our club wants to take on the task of running a national meet at this time. Hopefully that will change in the future.

Comment

maybe Colonial could check with members to see if there is enough support to check this out
        Kevin Valentine 13
        EX-Chief Judge

Comment

I miss that meet. How come it did come to an end?

Comment

Working...
          X