Motorcycle Alarm 6-Volt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motorcycle Alarm 6-Volt

I take my 42 to work all the time and leave it in a fairly secure area, which virtually guarantees the bike won't get ripped off, (Its cable locked as well), however, I work in a service industry where we have thousands of people traveling and they "could" access the area where I park and often do to look at the bikes parked there.

Not taking my bike to work is NOT an option. grin

I was wondering what others do for security, I have been searching online for an alarm system of some type that would work on 6-Volt, I just want something that would be sensitive enough to sound if say someone was trying to undo my shifter ball or some other original part. I found schematics to build something, and I will tackle that if there is no other "ready made" options.
    Bob Beatty
    AMCA 19209

They spell it KIMBER.
    D. A. Bagin #3166 AKA Panheadzz 440 48chief W/sidecar 57fl 57flh 58fl 66m-50 68flh 70xlh

Comment

This won't help for minor motions but on my bikes I install a mercury S/W and a turn signal flasher relay through a switch and hook to the horn. I hide it behind the headlight and when the bars are turned or the bike is lifted off the side stand the horn sounds on and off till it's set back in place or turned off.

Kerry
      Kerry AMCA # 15911

Comment

Originally posted by D.A.Bagin View Post
        They spell it KIMBER.

Yes, KIMBER would be great if I was close-bye, unfortunately I am often 30 miles away at my job as the ship I sail on can be away from my parking location for up to 8 hours. I still need a back-up plan.
        Bob Beatty
        AMCA 19209

Comment

Working...
        X