day one ride to the wall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• day one ride to the wall

kiwi and i took off from riversside california yesterday headed for washington d.c. we had a great ride through joshua tree national park and across the mojave desert. one is always amazed at the vastness of the country and the remoteness of some places. we have posted the route on facebook and www.kiwiindian.com. we look forward to some of our amca friends joining us for a day along the way. if you are not able to do that we will see you in denton,n.c. at the national road run.

Day 2 ride was from Kingman Az to Winslow Az via Route 66. Our plan is to take backgrounds to Wash DC. Good times along Route 66, tons of bikers who get a kick out of seeing 2 old Indians on the road on a cross country trip. In downtown Winslow we found the flatbed Ford and location of the song made famous by the Eagles (Standing on the corner in Winslow Az). So far we have covered 570 miles.
    Mike "Kiwi" Tomas
    www.KiwiIndian.com

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwi Mike View Post
      Day 2 ride was from Kingman Az to Winslow Az via Route 66. Our plan is to take backgrounds to Wash DC. Good times along Route 66, tons of bikers who get a kick out of seeing 2 old Indians on the road on a cross country trip. In downtown Winslow we found the flatbed Ford and location of the song made famous by the Eagles (Standing on the corner in Winslow Az). So far we have covered 570 miles.
      I'm in VA, and we were in Winslow in 2007 on a trip and stumbled upon the flat bed Ford on the corner. Cool and corny at the same time!
      Be safe. I plan to be in Denton on the 19th. Randy

Comment

Working...
      X