Barn Fresh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cdndewey View Post
    If I knew how to post pics I'd post a pic of the 12 Minneapolis that was at the Classic Bike Swap Meet up here last weekend. And no...it wasn't for sale, just on display.
    go to go advanced at the lower right of this box. then find attachements farther down that screen

or email to probably co he can post for you or I can also do it

aka HAWG
    1914 EXCELSIOR BELT DRIVE SINGLE
    1914 excelsior belt drive single carcuss
    1940 indian chief military
    1965 sportster xlch
    1969 sportster xlch bobber
    1971 bsa A65 chopper
    1969 harley ss350 sprint
    1960 harley topper
    1963 harley topper
    H model whizzer on cheiftain bicycle
    H model whizzer on schwinn bicycle
    1949 harley model 125 bobber project
    1959 harley model 165
    1960 harley super 10
    1974 indian 70cc dirt bike
    EXCELSIOR - ALWAYS MAKES GOOD

Comment

Originally posted by talbot-2 View Post
      The "Minneapolis" is a 1913 model "S-2" De Luxe Two-Speed Twin. A single model was the "S-1" De Luxe Two-Speed. Minneapolis models from 1908 through 1912 had the shock absorber on the front fork. The Minneapolis models S-1 and S-2 had Spacke motors from the Spacke Company of Indianapolis.

A September, 1913, news article shows the Minneapolis models for 1914, however, the company was closed on January 5, 1914, with no models made for the 1914 year.

The Joseph Michaelson and his brother Walter had left their company in 1911 and formed the "Michaelson Motorcycle Company" and marketed their first Michaelson motorcycle in 1913. The tenure of Joseph and Walter with the Michaelson Motorcycle Company was short lived as well. Joseph moved to the Brasie Motor Car Company as sales manager in 1914. And Walter was employed as a foreman at the Hendee Manufacturing Company in Minneapolis. In 1914 "Shapiro-Michaelson Company" offered a Michaelson twin and a Michaelson cycle car. By 1915 the Michaelson Company had disappeared.

The 1913 Minneapolis model S-2 pictured is a very rare Minneapolis. Very nice!
      Thanks for the info on this Minneapolis, we were not certain on the year.
      www.motorcyclecannonball.com

Comment

Originally posted by c.o. View Post
        I was gonna say '12 for that Minneapolos but the frame doesn't look right. Stumped at the moment without digging.
        '10-ish Armac
        '11 Thor
        '13 H-D
        '12 H-D
        '11 Indian
        Good guess but the Armac isn't an Armac, and that rusty Harley isn't a '13.

Comment

Originally posted by jurassic View Post
          Good guess but the Armac isn't an Armac, and that rusty Harley isn't a '13.
          Drat!!! I guess I'm gonna have to be moved to the front of the class! Well, could that Armac be a Hawthorne?
          Cory Othen
          Membership#10953

Comment

Lets see if this works.
            Attached Files

Comment

Can you pick out all the factory mods that were done to this machine.

Comment

I'm not sure what year and model this Yale is.

Comment

Originally posted by aka HAWG View Post
                  my barn is that clean - just lacks that type of iron. ( my 14 "X" resides in the house )

aka HAWG
                  LOL............ ........ then it ain't that clean Hawg no matter where the "X" resides still all in all their some great photos.

Cory, no matter how long I am still in the front of the class
                  Chuck
                  AMCA Member#1848

Comment

I'm pretty sure that Yale is a '12. So was that Armac a Hawthorne? I just gotta know....
                    Cory Othen
                    Membership#10953

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck#1848 View Post

Cory, no matter how long I am still in the front of the class
                      I know how you feel....
                      Cory Othen
                      Membership#10953

Comment

I'm not sure what year and model this Yale is.

This is 1912 Yale, model 24 M, 4 H.P., with Bosch Magneto, made by "The Consolidated Manufacturing Company" of Toledo, Ohio. It sold for $235.00 new.

Comment

Originally posted by cdndewey View Post
                          Lets see if this works.
                          Wow!!! Very nice restoration of the 1913 Minneapolis, model S-2. A very rare machine. Thanks for posting the photos.
                          Last edited by talbot-2; 05-03-2012, 09:02 PM.

Comment

Can you pick out all the factory mods that were done to this machine.

This appears to be a 1908 4 H.P., single cylinder Indian like the one pictured on page 11 of the 1908 Indian sales catalog. The extended upright handlebars with the "rough rider grips" are a modification not shown in the catalog. The three (3) cell battery box was an optional accessory available first in 1908. The box below the seat may be an add on tool box.

Comment

Although the American for 1912 was a rebadged Armac, there was one major change. The American company made their own double spring front fork.

Comment

I think the rear rack was also an American add on. Mr. Cole found this engine over 30 years ago, so when this barn fresh chassis came along he grabbed it up. As far as I know their are 4 American Armacs left.

Comment

Working...
                                X