Rolling Thunder bike build/ride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rolling Thunder bike build/ride

Rolling Thunder is a Memorial weekend demonstration by over 450,000 motorcycles to heighten awareness about the remaining POW/MIA's from all branches of the military. This year marks the 25th anniversary of the demonstration in Washington,D.C. 5 master bike builders from across America have been asked to build commemorative bikes representing each branch of the military. Mike "Kiwi" Tomas was asked to build a bike representing the Coast Guard. He has built a magnificent 1945 Indian Chief to present at the Pentagon on May 26. That,however, is only part of the story. Mike and I will ride our Indians (mine is a 37 Chief Johnny Cash bobber) from San Diego to Washington D.C. beginning on May 5. Our route will be posted on the Kiwi Indian blog and I will be posting daily road reports on the same blog. Kiwi will be in Oley this weekend so stop by and see the bike pics. We will also coordinate our trip to stop by the Denton national meet on May 18. Ride 'em don't hide 'em!

As follow up to my previuos post I should also mention that Kiwi and I will hook up with Buzz Kanter's Kickstart Classic crew at the Wheels Through Time museum on Wednesday May,16. Our plans also include the stop at Wilkesboro Harley on May 17. Hope to see some of you there.

Comment

Thanks guy! My father and his younger brother, where fighter pilots. Both were shot down on separate missions in Vietnam during 1967. They were the only set of brothers among the 2200 US military personel who were missing in action at the end of the war. Thanks for remembering them and their 58,000 thousand brothers & sisters who were killed and or missing in action. Good luck on your ride!

Lt. Col David W. Morrill, USMC - KIA-3-18-1967
      Lt. Col Merwin L. Morrill, USAY - KIA 8-21-1967
      Last edited by dlm32; 04-25-2012, 01:10 PM.
      David Morrill
      Sylacauga, AL. USA.
      AMCA #15284

Deadly Dave's Blog
      Sharing the Lost Stories of Early American Motorcycling.

http://dlmracing.blogspot.com/

1921 Harley-Davidson Model J Racer

It will break a hundred, if you drop it from a plane!

Comment

Working...
      X