accessory saddleag sideplates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• accessory saddleag sideplates

just bought some NOS OEM 5 hole chrome accessory saddlebag sideplates #11787-X from fleabay in the original package. needed some for my 1941 knuck with factory deluxe package. these plates have 5 holes, and have raised areas or dimples around the 5 bolt holes. palmers book mentions the dimples for the 4 hole plates, but not the 5 hole ones. are the original 5 hole chrome plates dimpled or were they flat at the bolt holes??

There was more than one company making the plates......so that will complicate your answer.

Comment

Bellbigdawg, On the sideplates that I have the dimples on each end are larger than the three in the middle, they correspond with the sizes of the grommets on the flap. I am not sure of the manufacture of the sideplates.

Comment

mine have the two larger holes on ends too. don't have the saddlebags yet, did not know they had grommets on the flaps. what year bike are your's on Tim?

Comment

bellbigdawg, I will be putting them back on my 1942 just as soon as I get it back on the road.

Comment

Working...
          X