Classic, Custom, Bobber & Chopper Harleys Wanted For Harley Daytona Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Classic, Custom, Bobber & Chopper Harleys Wanted For Harley Daytona Show

Harley-Davidson is holding its annual Harley Custom & Classic Motorcycle Ride-In Show at Riverfront Park on Beach St in Daytona on Wednesday, March 14 and we'd love to have a large showing of classic and antique Harleys from the AMCA members.

In the past the show has been focused more on new Harleys, but we are working on drawing more focus to the older machines that we all love so much in the AMCA. This is our chance to show our bikes to a large audience and possibly draw in new membership - which I understand is a major focus for the AMCA club management.

Registration is open from 9 am to noon and trophies awarded at 4 PM.

The show is presented by American Iron Magazine and Motorcycle Bagger and we will have editors and photographers there looking for great bikes to photograph and feature in our magazines.

If you are in or around Daytona on Wednesday, I'd like to invite you and your friends to bring some old Harleys and join us. And, yes, please do invite others to come along. The more the merrier.

Sure hope to see a lot of original, restored, customized, bobber, chopper and race Harleys there. Here is your chance for possible features in two of the best selling Harley magazines in the world.
    Buzz Kanter
    Classic-Harley.Info Classic Harley History
    [Classic American Iron Forum Classic Harley Forum
    [American Iron Magazine Harley Magazine

Howdy Buzz,

Might I suggest extending that registration to 1300 from noon. Many (most) of the rideable machines you seek are engaged with the long standing Indian breakfast ride. Though we do pass the park around 1030 on our way to Ormand Beach, congestion and brief on-street parking in that area is abysmal and I doubt Larry W would want to stop. This ride informally ends at the Broken Spoke around 1130 which makes getting back to Beach a challenge, not to mention those desiring to swap out their current ride for one of the desire marque.

Speaking of marque and in context with the Limpnickey lot events recently held by the AMCA and Matt, this event would likely generate quite a bit more interest if AMCA'rs were permitted to park their mounts, regardless of brand, in a designated area adjacent to the show. In a quarter century of Bike Week attendance on only AMCA eligible machines have observed pre-50 machinery to be half or more Indian.
    Last edited by PRG; 03-03-2012, 09:30 PM.
    Cheerio,
    Peter
    1950 Vincent - A Red Rapide Experience

Comment

Originally posted by PRG View Post
      Howdy Buzz,

Might I suggest extending that registration to 1300 from noon. Many (most) of the rideable machines you seek are engaged with the long standing Indian breakfast ride. Though we do pass the park around 1030 on our way to Ormand Beach, congestion and brief on-street parking in that area is abysmal and I doubt Larry W would want to stop. This ride informally ends at the Broken Spoke around 1130 which makes getting back to Beach a challenge, not to mention those desiring to swap out their current ride for one of the desire marque.

Speaking of marque and in context with the Limpnickey lot events recently held by the AMCA and Matt, this event would would likely generate quite a bit more interest if AMCA'rs were permitted to park their mounts, regardless of brand, in a designated area adjacent to the show. In a quarter century of Bike Week attendance on nothing newer than 35 years old, have observed pre-50 machinery to be half or more Indian.
      All excellent ideas Peter, however, this is not our event. This is the official Harley-Davidson show and this is the first time they have partnered up with anyone, so we at American Iron Magazine are pleased to help. I am happy to share your suggestions with the Harley folks, but we are not really involved in the fnal decision. Personally, I sure would love to see lots of classic American iron there - be it from Milwaukee or Springfield.
      Buzz Kanter
      Classic-Harley.Info Classic Harley History
      [Classic American Iron Forum Classic Harley Forum
      [American Iron Magazine Harley Magazine

Comment

Working...
      X