Soon there will only be 49 states to go pickin in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soon there will only be 49 states to go pickin in

Attention all pickers, you are gonna lose a southern state, check this out!

Florida Man Gets Prison Time For Junky Yard!

http://news.yahoo.com/video/orlandow...-28382183.html

I think this is ridiculous and I hope he gets a good lawyer and gets this overturned.

Once overturned, it will set some reasonable legal precedence for others.

They are slowly taking away our freedoms.

Just to put some gas on the fire - good thing the Florida National meet is not in Brevard County - all vendors would be charged with dumping - their parts confiscated and then sent to jail...........LOL
    AMCA #10930

Yes, we often see things like this happen everywhere. Its usually nieghbors complaining and phone in to their city or juresdiction complaining and whineing about ugly sites. To us collectors, a yard full of junk parts, especially bike parts is heaven. In my area I see wood burning will be banned because someone who doesnt have to worry about expensive energy bills complaining of wood smoke from burning firewood. Another is load bikes while in some cases, their kid tears around in a noisy hot rod but thats ok. Yes, freedoms are getting less and less, mostly to please the wimps that complain. Some are good at complaining about anything and everything, governments seem to please those who b#$tch the loadest......Joe
    Joe AMCA# 3435

Comment

I'll bet the property is not zoned for commercial use.

Comment

John, thats pretty obviosue or there would not have been an issue. I dont live in Florida but there gotta be lot of legal junkyards there. However, there is more to this story, missing is the reason he got jailed. He must have defied a court order to clean it up and maybe even attacked a goverment employee when they showed up with a clean up permit or clean up crew whatever. Across town we had a similar situation and the city ended up clearing his private property of junk and old autos. Then sent him a 4000 doller clean up bill when all done....Joe
        Joe AMCA# 3435

Comment

Working...
        X